Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so my mech broke the upstream 02 sensor on my car while putting in the long tubes. so i figure i can just switch one of the rears to the front and put the broke one in the rear since they can be turned off with bama tune right?

also he broke my dipstick tube so im gonna have to shell out more money for that, my engine is a 96 with pi heads do i need a 1996-1998 tube or 1999-04 tube?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you'll need to buy a new sensor since the fronts & rears are diffrent.

Reactions: sj408

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
any dip stick will work, i would no use a 99-01 winsor one since it is longer and it reads full at 5 qts. also the rear o2 senser is diff, the front one is a hego senser

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
I'd find a new mechanic.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Question, if the mechanic broke these parts, why are you paying for them?

I would definitely be finding me another mechanic!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd find a new mechanic.
why is that? **** gets broken on old cars when doing large jobs. its inevitable.

i got lontube headers installed for 200 dollars, the dipstick tube is like 15 and the 02 and the 02 sensor is 40 bucks. still cheaper than the 600$ any exhaust shop quoted me.

you guys really should refrain from posting in threads considering your posts are of no tech use to me or anyone for that matter. Thanks for being useless sillyrabbit and 99gt35thle

to casper and stal thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You know what they say sj408, you get what you pay for.

If a person is a good mechanic they don't go breaking parts, I've never seen a good mechanic break a dipstick tube. Hell you remove one bolt and pull it out.

If I look at working on something and it looks dirty and rusty, I first spray brake cleaner to remove all the dirt and grime and then spray all the bolts I'll be removing with PB Blaster and let it sit overnight.

And If I'm working on someone else's car and I break something, I'm the one who will be paying for it, not them.

Just wondering how long before you get an exhaust leak at heads!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eh when i got there guess he didnt even really break it, just broke the tip or something and now my dipstick tube is just a half inch shorter haha no biggie to me.

o look another post that has nothing to do with the original question thanks for your worthless input 99gt35thle.

little **** that costs 10-20 bucks doesnt bother me if its broken. its not a big deal ended up not being broken anyways

what bothers me is my buddy at the exhaust shop laughed when i told him i payed 200 for it cause he told me he woulda done it for 100. damn it! o well.

edit: and as for the exhaust leak if you tighten the bolts from the inside to out usually you wont have an issue. good mechanic knows that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts