Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my wideband off here in a few and I need to get a bolt to plug the hole with, anybody know the thread size?

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Just take the O2 sensor with you to home depot and find a bolt with the same pitch and everything there.

EDIT: The above method would be the safest way, but I belive ( according to Google ) it is 18x1.5mm

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
hey man, i have a plug you can have. PM me your shipping Address and i'll get it sent out for you!

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
no problem man!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
It's an M18 x 1.75...

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
i have a O2 sensor issue as well.... the two downstream to the CC went bad, check ingine light came on, so i replaced them. Now the check engine light as come on again so i took it to Advance Auto parts and they said it was the O2 sensor upstream to the CC. They also said i needed a speacial tool to change it out! The guy didnt really seem to kno wat he was talkin about... so im concerned =/
wat do u guys think? has anyone changed the O2 sensors upstream to the CC's on their '01 GT??

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Also, the O2 sensors downstream r bigger than the ones upstream! WTF

totally need help

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The 4 O2 sensors are identical, except for the cable length, and some differences in the connector keys that can be resolved by cutting off the tabs. Whatever tool you used on the rear sensors will work on the front as well.

They do make a socket, with a slot in the side, however I have never found the to work particularly well because the slot makes them "springy"--a box-end wrench is best, if the connector won't fit through the wrench then just cut it off...

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
The 4 O2 sensors are identical, except for the cable length, and some differences in the connector keys that can be resolved by cutting off the tabs. Whatever tool you used on the rear sensors will work on the front as well.

They do make a socket, with a slot in the side, however I have never found the to work particularly well because the slot makes them "springy"--a box-end wrench is best, if the connector won't fit through the wrench then just cut it off...
+1. I've ALWAYS used a small crescent wrench though. Works like a charm even for the front O2's.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
they dont look identicle... haha but ill take ur word for it.
on a scale of 1-10 how difficult is the installation?
cuz it looks kinda tricky

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
the downstream were easy as ****!
the upstream look scary haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts