Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been trying to figure out why my front drivers window was not sitting flush against the weatherstripping, causing a leak (http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/96-04/631057-vert-window-gap.html).

I'm pretty sure I figured it out and its that the rear quarter window is too far forward (horizontally) when fully closed. This is causing the rear of the front window to not sit flush. According to the manual, there is such an adjustment for the quarter windows. However, I do not see anything they are referring to in the attached picture (behind the speakers is a black piece of plastic that seems glued down).

Has anyone been able to do such an adjustment? I got the rear seat out and the panel off, but what I see looks much different (I will try and post a picture later).

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Figured it out. That glue is non-hardening and the panel pops off after removing a few clips. However, I still don't see all the adjustments shown in that picture. There is only one bolt for the front bump stop.

Anyways, its better now but not perfect. The rear half of the drivers window STILL doesn't make a good seal with the top weatherstripping like the passenger side one does. Anyone know if there a way to adjust how the angle of weatherstripping retainers on the top?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts