Modded Mustang Forums banner

401 - 416 of 416 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Well I certainly never saw this day coming.

Here is a picture of the major components of my intercooler and piping from the outlet of the supercharger upto where the inlet elbow would be when it is off the car.

The supercharger was removed over the weekend. Keep an eye out on the classified section as I may be listing parts shortly. Not all of it will be going as I have plans for some of it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
I have plans for the piping, intercooler and bov, so will not be selling those items. I am thinking of trading in for a Ford F150 ecoboost. I can reuse those items with that truck. Onto the next build!

V3, injectors, maf and housing, & power pipe will be going. Less than 2000 miles on all of it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am guessing you are selling/trading in because of that inspection in California? Or was that someone else?? I hope you have fun with whatever you decide on. Those new f150s are pretty nice!

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
The inspection challenges and complications associated with that sealed the deal for me. I have wanted a truck for a long time and campers is something we have been looking into. Trucks are very popular in socal and I look forward to some offroading. So in the end all data pointed to pulling the trigger.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #407 (Edited)
The stang was traded in and I am now the proud owner of a 2014 F150 Supercrew twin turbo ecoboost FX4 loaded package. It was a bitter sweet day. I enjoyed the time with the stang but look forward to the new journeys the truck will take me on.

The supercharger parts are up for sale in the classifieds section.

I will continue to support this forum as I always have and perhaps someday when money permits i'll buy another to tow behind the truck for track days.

Cheers!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Congrats Sonic. Truck looks awesome!

·
Registered
354 Posts
This is bitter sweet. Did you ever have your car on the dyno?

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
The Vortech kit is off to a member of the forum in MN who promised to document their build. I look forward to the continued enjoyment from this kit.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Vortech kit is off to a member of the forum in MN who promised to document their build. I look forward to the continued enjoyment from this kit.
Sweet! Glad it worked out for the both of you. I can't wait to race him when it's done

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
There is a strong possibility that I will be selling the intercooler, piping and bov as pictured above (without the MAF pipe). I hung on to it thinking I may use it on the truck but from my research it will not be a good solution.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
It is a damn shame that photobucket changed their policy on 3rd party hosting of photos without paying some obnoxious monthly fee. The value of my thread has dropped significantly as have many many others I am sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Almost 3 year bump for One of the top build threads imo. Basically a step by step for supercharging your 4.6
Finding this thread has inspired me to get off my tail and get our 02 finished !!

401 - 416 of 416 Posts