Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a little while ago a car hit my front bumper so their insurance is paying for me to get a new bumper. I was just going to stick with the GT bumper with the mach 1 spoiler, but they told me they couldnt get an OEM GT bumper for some reason and it was some knock off that was fiberglass. They told me that fiberglass is not good to have as a bumper because they can break easy. So I told them to order an OEM cobra bumper. They told me they might have a problem with the fog lights. do they not just plug in or do i have to change the wiring? or can i just splice the wires? Any people out there with the cobra swap let me know what you did to get them working.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought. i know they have different fog lights the only thing i could see is they need a different light bulb

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
there is a pigtail kit from ford, i think they use different bulbs or they have to be longer one of the 2...also when you order the front bumper, order the kit from ford to do the swap, you need the grill delete kit with the emblem of your choice, the fog light bezels, the fog lights, those pigtails, and if you have an extra 100 bucks, get a cobra headder panel, it will make the install alot easier...thats all you need

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and if the fogs have a different size bulb they might not just plug in

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
just make sure you order everythign, then if you wind up not needed it you can send it back, ford is good for that...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is the grill delete kit? i thought it was just empty space with a cobra in the middle

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im getting ford to paint and put it on and they said it came with everything to put on. it better because its like $1300

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also what do you mean by pigtail. is there a different connection or does that just extend the wire? do the bulbs just plug in to the stock gt wire?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
what is the grill delete kit? i thought it was just empty space with a cobra in the middle
GTs come with an asthetically pleasing:pukehoney comb POS. The grill delete removes the honey comb grill while keeping your emblem in the middle, be it snake or horse. IMHO... it's sexy as hell:yes

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh well i already had the mach 1 grill delete so i dont need anything different right?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
everyone things that there is no grill delete kit inthe cobra bumper, well that is untrue, its not the same as the mach delete kit because of the way the bumper moves, it is still a three piece kit, that just fills in some empty space, and then a blackout panel and mounting bracket/emblem to attach to the hood latch, without it you cant have and emblem up front and you would see the header panel painted color of your car...not a good look. and the cobra uses different bulbs...aka wires must be cut and new harness crimped in

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Nope, you've got a grill delete kit.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well if i ordered it from ford i am assuming it comes with everything. i guess we will see when it comes in

·
Registered
682 Posts
The Cobra grill delete is different than the Mach I grill delete. This is because one covers the old grill mounting holes in the bumper and the other does not (Cobra). Additionally there is only one header panel. The difference is in the two bumper facia upper mounts, not the header panel. Plus the Fogs have to be rewired and are not a plug and play because of the different bulbs between the Cobra & the GT. Ask me how I know...Because I'm currently going thru all of this crap now...lol.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
and what are the stock bumpers made out? plastic i suppose if its not fiber glass

1 - 20 of 26 Posts