Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can get a 03/04 cobra bumper aftermarket but new off a guy for $210. my question is do you need to do anything to make it fit an 02 gt or just swap it ou? also if i wanted to get one off line does any place make a good 03/04 cobra bumper for around that place.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
$210 is a good price if its painted
Mine was $180 at www.HIDGuy.net - Xentec Slim HID kits and AutoVizion Slim HID Kits ; Lifetime Warranty Digital Xentec and AutoVizion Slim Ballast HID kits, HID Bulbs, HID ballasts, H1, H3, H4 ( 9003 ), H4H, H6, H6M, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H11B, H13 ( 9008 ), 5202 hid
paint was$ 130 from a guy I know that does body work.
And yea its just a swap. although the horns on the COBRA
bumper need to be pushed back 1 inch so the GT hood can close
Without it scratching the paint.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the problem its not painted and its gonna cost me like 25 in gas to go get it too so its gonna be about 225 for all, i know a guy who can paint it so im not worried about that i just would like to know the best place to order one online that fits properly. ill check the link you posted, i really dont wanna go the ebay route.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i think im gonna go with that one from hidguy. what do you mean cut and redrill the header panel?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If you don't redrill it, the horns will hit the hood, and sometimes you have to cut a bit off the header panel in order to push it back enough to redrill it. Not a big deal, it's like 5 minutes worth of work.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you have any pics of what it looks like under the hood so i can get a better idea? sorry if this sounds stupid but the header panel is the plastic cover over the radiatior right?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
No, it's the long piece of plastic that holds the headlights and the grille panel in there. Where the two horns have the pushpins that go in, you'll have to redrill it 1/2-3/4" back. If you go out and look at the where the factory bumper cover connects under the hood on each side of the grille opening, it's right there you'll have to redrill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts