Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm not sure how good this write-up will be or how useful it is since the brackets I used are out of a kit we have here at the dealership for key lock cylinders. It happened that they are the perfect size and fit pretty much, but I figure at least you can see what I did and most likely come up with something similar. The only part on the bezels themselves that I modified is in the first pic. I had to cut/sand down the little angular brace that was there to keep it more rigid. Other than that, I didn't modify the bezel at all.

I'll put up the size of screws that I used when I get some free time. The pics pretty much speak for themselves because there's not a whole lot that I did to make this work. And these two brackets actually hold the fogs in there VERY well. Make sure to install the fog lights AFTER you put the bezel in and screw it to the bumper though because one corner of the fog light blocks the hole.

Only thing on the bezel that I modified:

This is the stuff that I used for one fog light:

Moutning:

Finished!

Once I get the sizes, I used 5 () washers under the bracket on one side, and 3 slightly larger () washers under the screw.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Nice. I contimplated this, but decided against it. Now I wish I would have done it, but I already ordered my HID's for the original fogs.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have some pics on the car this afternoon. :D

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Are the wiring pigtails the same? I can't remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
That's what I though...just couldn't remember...

·
Registered
169 Posts
i just put the termi front bumper on my 01' and the plugs are different.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
But you can buy the pigtails at Auto Zone.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
The person who posted above me is a smartass! :D

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
The person who was post #12 is a smart ass

:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK well, I got the bumper on. Hey M.P., or anyone else that's put the 03/04 chin on the 99/01 bumper, any insight as to how to do it? I started to try to but it didn't seem like it would fit right. So I just gave up for now. Here are the pics of the bumper on the car without the chin spoiler though. God it's ugly without the chin spoiler... Haha.

And while I was upstairs installing the foglights, I dropped the damn bumper on some metal grating one the floor... :mad: Oh well...

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Dude, I told you that'd be so sexually aggressive looking :yes

:love

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya think so? I dunno. I'm really still not totally sold on it. Maybe once I get the chin spoiler on and the car somewhere that I can see it better, I'll be more enthused. No chin spoiler is KILLING the look on the Mach I think. But I LOVE the fog lights and bezels compared to the stock Mach front bumper.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
its your hood and your scoop, send them this way ill make it look better:D

i think my bumper looks to plain too

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I looked at the car after work when my co-worker had moved his car out from in front of it, so I was able to get a better look. I must say that I am more impressed with the way it looks now. And I think once I attach the chin spoiler I'll be 100% happy!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts