Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd share the hood mod I had done to an 03-04 V6 hood I acquired from a trade. Unlike the 01 cobra hood, the 03-04 V6 hoods have really small holes about the size of a quarter. I had the body shop cut some oval holes and will be cutting a portion of the inside of the hood to make it functional and extract a little heat.

I was getting bored of the 01 GT fake hood scoop and wanted something with less drag and a little understated. Plus, the 03-04 Cobra hoods are not cheap these days.

Lastly, I pieced together some 03 cobra rocker panels and had them painted.

Attachments

Reactions: akurma

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
they ended up with the old molds and said hm. we need to do something with this.. and then slapped them on v6's.. logical solution by FORD

personally it is one of my favorite goods. I would take this modified v6/cobra hood over a terminator hood any day of the week. when you see it from the side it is so sleek, looks like a ****ing door stop.

oh and your car looks like sex. the skirts and hood are a win win win combo. love it!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks really good. Love the way it came out. Never knew the 03/04 v6 mustang had a different hood like that.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
That looks really good. Good thinking

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I’m surprised more people don’t trade 03-04 v6 guys for their hoods. As a bonus, I can see so much more of the road not having the 01 GT hood scoop there ?

Attachments

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I’m surprised more people don’t trade 03-04 v6 guys for their hoods. As a bonus, I can see so much more of the road not having the 01 GT hood scoop there ?
I got lucky and found several of them at the local junkyard, think I paid $40 for it. It pretty much completed my car since I had the 99/01 bumper and ambers on my GT.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Recently had the wheels painted gloss black and had 03 cobra struts fitted, MM coil overs adjusted down, and MM bumpsteer kit added... and went ahead and added rear FRPP diff cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Wheels look good with the rest of the car. Ive always liked the look of the 'finished' diff covers. It adds to the rear end appearance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks TA

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Indeed, looks good! Had i done it again, i would have probably done mach sail panels, that hood and left it. Kept it simple

1 - 13 of 13 Posts