Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for Christmas I bought myself the 03-04 Cobra bumper that comes painted. I've done a lot of searching through a lot of threads on here about where to buy the bezels and fogs.

I don't wan't to buy the one from LMR because it's 170, and i'll be getting HID's so I won't need the bulbs anyways.

I was thinking of getting the bezels from AM which would be 50.

The two fog lights from AM are 120. I've seen a bunch on ebay for well below that starting at around 60 dollars? like these ones: 2003 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra Smoke Fog Lamp Light Lights Bulb Bulbs L R Pair Set | eBay

If anyone knows of a better deal or place to buy one of these things from then let me know!!

Also, I noticed the bezels and lights don't come with screws. I've read that their 7mm size screws but how long should they be? I'm sure I could figure it out once i get everything but if anyone knows that would be cool.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Get the bezels off AM with 6% off and there is a dealer on eBay with oem fogs for 84 for both shipped. Mounting brackets and screw from dealer are around 12.00

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Watch out on eBay for those fogthat say fit cobra escape focus ect some of those don't come with mounting brackets and you'll have to fab your own like I did

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i still haven't bought the lights yet. Just bought the bezels and HID's though. Still looking around and trying to decide which ones to get.

Also, i was reading another thread where when the guy got his cobra bumper, he didn't need the pigtails since he had HID's, they just hooked right up. is this true?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

There u go. That's what I'd recommend. And find the bezels off svtperformance used. Those guys always have cobra parts lol

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
And that's what I have been told. No need for pigtails with hids

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!! I ordered the bezels and HID's already but still been looking at the fogs. Seen a bunch like those on ebay but have been messaging the sellers making sure they are glass and not plastic.

And another question. am i only gonna need screws to get everything put together? like the bezels to the bumper and the fog lights to the bezels?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Can we see some pics of the bumper? Did the paint match perfectly?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll post a new thread in the pics section and pics in here saying theres more in the other thread when i get it. I just ordered it monday so i'm not expecting it until around the 20th.

I'll have my cowl hood by then too :))))

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
And that's what I have been told. No need for pigtails with hids
Youlll need pigtails. 03 fogs are h10. GT fogs are different. Don't remember the size but they dont match up unless you buy an aftermarket fog that matches?

OP i have 03 fogs in my bumper and i had to get the h10 pigtails.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've read a lot of people say that you need pigtails. but i think most of them were talking about just using regular bulbs. I read one thread when i was searching through a bunch where he bought HID's for his and he didn't need the pigtails.

I guess we'll find out when everything gets here, and if i need pigtails i'll go up to the ford dealership lol

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Youlll need pigtails. 03 fogs are h10. GT fogs are different. Don't remember the size but they dont match up unless you buy an aftermarket fog that matches?

OP i have 03 fogs in my bumper and i had to get the h10 pigtails.
Siko2, where did you buy your lenses? Also do you know what the screw sizes are?

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
nah man i can't remember the screw size to get them in. just take your foglight and bezel to home depot or a similiar store and find out which screw fits. thats what i did

1 - 20 of 29 Posts