Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 GT and when its idling for a period of time (say 5-10 min) and then I hit the gas it gives a puff of blue. and when Im driving around I smell it sometimes. the car only has 60k on it and doesnt get driven to hard Its only seen the track twice. Im hoping its nothing to major. what really sucks is my warranty just expired a couple months ago also. anyone have any suggestions? I quite familiar with the 5.0's but the 4.6 is a different animal to me. mods are accufab 75mm, MAC plenum. March SFI u/d pulleys, JLT CAI, SCT tuner, and o/r Xpipe and cat back. I quickly checked my PVC valve but honestly I dont really know what to check for.
Thx

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
pull your plugs tomorrow while your cars cold:yes

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Bro my 02 does the exact same thing... And I've never had oil on the plug's its like it just does everyonce in awhile...like its a vacuum issue or pcv issue... I used to throw a cel for a small vacuum leak in the evap system until I turned off my back O2's... I don't think its something major... If it was it would have oil on a plug... What oil you run...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah it doesnt seem like all the time. I will check my plugs later on today. Im running 5/20 mobile 1 oil. did my last change about 5k ago (and thats km's) the car is seeming to running a lil rich but then again it always seems to I dunno why. I sure hope its nothing major. that would really suck.the car seems overall healthy.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
If you let the car sit over night or similar and fire it up do you get a big puff of smoke?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Prolly not...mine don't just sometimes on start up... I used to think it was valve guides and seals... But I dont know anymore.. I don't even care..I'm going to drop in a mmr 600 longblock soon

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when its sitting and I start it up. I dont see any smoke. only after idling for a bit. could it be build up of fuel? it looks bluey grey but smells a lil like oil

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Blue grey is oil... And I think it has something to do with a vacuum source...does your car idle smooth? Or surge? Mine surge's...especially when the a/c's on... The rpm's don't really change anything noticeable but the tone of the exhaust does...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts