Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 03 Cobra Eibach front springs work in a 01 Gt.. Part #3594.001? I called Eibach and they said they wont work and they recommended part# 3570.301. They said the spring rates are the same which it was hard to believe. I bought these off of a guy on a other site and I have the correct rears for SRA.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
they'll probably work but i'm sure they're figured for the weight of the cobras. the cobras have the big 4v heads and the eaton if you're talking about an 03/04. so in that case that's at least an additional 50lbs over the front end. and don't forget about the intercooler reservoir/fluid/heat exchanger. there are a lot of extra parts up there that add to the weight.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I remember right. I think he said they have the same spring rate but the overall dimensions are different.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have eibach sportlines from a mach and they fit my gt no prob. But im not sure what the difference is between the machs and the termi's :dunno

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't disassembled the front end yet to see the difference in circumference or height but then again the rears looked different from the stockers too!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
If its from a Termi the rears will def be different due to the IRS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the rears on Evil Bay and those are correct but the front ones. I got the fronts on SVT site. I was going 32 valve thats why I got them but I didn't think it would make a difference as long as they fit properly.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
on svtp I saw someone post about switching out from Termi springs to GT springs in the front.
In their case it wouldnt have worked because supposedly the Termi's have a stiffer spring (600lbs I think) up front from the added weight (4v motor, s/c)

So...with that said I dont see why you wouldnt be able to put the Termi springs in the front for your GT. I dont know if weight transfer and all that good jazz will be optimal but it will work. You might not even see a change in height but if you ever end up going with the 4v, you should be ok :dunno

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
takiller, Eibach said they are the same lbs per sq inch but they are taller..by how much who knows. I dont know who to believe and I guess ill have to take the front end apart.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Here man, check this out Coil Spring Tech

He might have been saying that the fronts and the backs are the same sq inch but the fronts are taller, maybe :dunno because I would bet money that the spring rates for a GT and a Termi are not going to be the same up front.

But who knows...Im the one that could be wrong :dunno

anyone else want to chime in or correct me......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the graph and I looked at it quick. I see the Eibachs are 425-530 for the Pro kit but they dont specify for Cobra v/s gt except oem specs. The Bullit and the Cobra are the same at 600?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts