Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have recently done a pretty good amount of work on my stang. Ported and polish pi heads, stage 2 cams, every other bolt on you can put on a stang. I was thinking of throwing on a supercharger or turbo next. I came across the termi motor and tranny on ebay. It comes with everything and i mean everything to do the swap. If i were to purchase that how much do you think labor would be. I would end up selling all my parts off of my motor now to cover some of the cost. do you guys think it would be worth it. My car is paid off so i am not to worried about the money. what other options should i consider.thanks guys

·
Registered
649 Posts
post this in the 4v section and you'll get some good answers as well. BTW, how much is the swap gonna cost you, that info is kinda needed to say whether or not its worth it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
yea i would do it. it's a great great great foundation. Your engine will only hold around 400hp before the limitations of ur internals is met. the termie block STOCK is good for about 1000hp.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what im thinking im already at about 350hp na. so i really dont have to much more room before the motor blows anyway. I am wondering maybe a 5.4 L engine instead but those termi engines are amazing and plus all you have to do is throw a dif tune and some pullies and intake and it is already going to be crazy power!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey ac great! the bad part is i havnt been able to drive it yet since i am still over seas but my father drives it every week or so and he says it pulls like crazy. I am going to get it tuned when i get back in a couple of months. I will let you know the exact numbers when i do. What do you think i should do. I know if i throw a supercharger on this motor it will be well over the threshold for power and the motor wont last. I think i want a new motor. i dont know what to do.....ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
well, you could just rebuild your block with some forged internals, and then throw on a vortech with an intercooler, push maybe 6-9psi and you should make like 450ish im guessing and then you wont have to worry about losing money on your build. honestly, who needs a 1000hp. you cant drive that around and not worry about losing it when you get on it. i think thats what id do. it'll save you alot of money too, aaaand then just do some serious suspension work and make your car FASTER with the power that you have.

·
Registered
649 Posts
id say less than 2k for rebuild and labor, get good stuff tho like a forged stroker crank and pistons. theres this new stuff called ESP (eagle specialty products) Armor you coat ur crank and pistions and rods with that sheds oil better AND adds 18-20hp. now thats cool, and i believe that its only a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice thanks man i might go that way. how much power do you think the block will hold if i forge the internals. Plus i would prob have to build up the tranny so i didnt blow it to bits when i hit it. I just wonder how much everything would cost. So many ideas lol

·
Registered
649 Posts
ummm im not totally sure about the stock 2v block. i've heard of around 500hp. start a thread asking how much a stock block will handle. look at promotin for a strong rebuild kit for the tranny

·
Registered
127 Posts
i say do it. those blocks, crank and rods are the perfect setup. even with the pistons are there weak point you can still run 400-500hp no problem. plus they have countless upgrades performance wise.

·
Registered
649 Posts
termie blocks can handle more than 500hp. more like 900 stock

·
Registered
437 Posts
for 10 g's you can make your car very very nice without th 4v swap.
+1, for 10k, you can get a 4v 5.4L, t56 6-speed trans, some nice heads and cams, and the hps intake manifold if you wanted to. and still have money left over.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts