Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have recently done a pretty good amount of work on my stang. Ported and polish pi heads, stage 2 cams, every other bolt on you can put on a stang. I was thinking of throwing on a supercharger or turbo next. I came across the termi motor and tranny on ebay. It comes with everything and i mean everything to do the swap. If i were to purchase that how much do you think labor would be. I would end up selling all my parts off of my motor now to cover some of the cost. do you guys think it would be worth it. My car is paid off so i am not to worried about the money. what other options should i consider.thanks guys

·
Registered
649 Posts
post this in the 4v section and you'll get some good answers as well. BTW, how much is the swap gonna cost you, that info is kinda needed to say whether or not its worth it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
yea i would do it. it's a great great great foundation. Your engine will only hold around 400hp before the limitations of ur internals is met. the termie block STOCK is good for about 1000hp.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what im thinking im already at about 350hp na. so i really dont have to much more room before the motor blows anyway. I am wondering maybe a 5.4 L engine instead but those termi engines are amazing and plus all you have to do is throw a dif tune and some pullies and intake and it is already going to be crazy power!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey ac great! the bad part is i havnt been able to drive it yet since i am still over seas but my father drives it every week or so and he says it pulls like crazy. I am going to get it tuned when i get back in a couple of months. I will let you know the exact numbers when i do. What do you think i should do. I know if i throw a supercharger on this motor it will be well over the threshold for power and the motor wont last. I think i want a new motor. i dont know what to do.....ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
well, you could just rebuild your block with some forged internals, and then throw on a vortech with an intercooler, push maybe 6-9psi and you should make like 450ish im guessing and then you wont have to worry about losing money on your build. honestly, who needs a 1000hp. you cant drive that around and not worry about losing it when you get on it. i think thats what id do. it'll save you alot of money too, aaaand then just do some serious suspension work and make your car FASTER with the power that you have.

·
Registered
649 Posts
id say less than 2k for rebuild and labor, get good stuff tho like a forged stroker crank and pistons. theres this new stuff called ESP (eagle specialty products) Armor you coat ur crank and pistions and rods with that sheds oil better AND adds 18-20hp. now thats cool, and i believe that its only a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
649 Posts
ummm im not totally sure about the stock 2v block. i've heard of around 500hp. start a thread asking how much a stock block will handle. look at promotin for a strong rebuild kit for the tranny

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.