Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 03 cobra n wants to know when supercharger coolant pump sopose to turn on

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Those pumps go out often. They turn on as soon as you start the car. You can also jump the relay by the intake to make it turn on manualy

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok ill tell him thanks

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
You might get better answers if you post this in the 4v section where more cobra guys roam around.

FWIW I put my IC pump on a switch just so it doesn't have to run on my 2 minute drive to work. I flip it on any time I drive more than just a few miles, but I'm hoping not running it for short little errands will make the pump last a little longer

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
You might get better answers if you post this in the 4v section where more cobra guys roam around.

FWIW I put my IC pump on a switch just so it doesn't have to run on my 2 minute drive to work. I flip it on any time I drive more than just a few miles, but I'm hoping not running it for short little errands will make the pump last a little longer
Most are wired to an ignition circuit, but the switch isn't a bad idea. I've got a random switch hole mounted by my shifter I just might have to put to use for just that.

But for safety sake it would be wisest to go with an ignition circuit. That way you can't forget and suddenly get very high IAT's.

And yes, there's lots more Cobra (and pseudo-Cobra :shiftyeyes) guys in the 4V/SVT section.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I'm thinking about taking it off the switch and just wiring it up to temp sensor from my engine coolant. Have it kick on when the engine coolant is at like 120 or something like that. I literally have a two minute drive to work, my IC pump doesn't need to be turning on and off four times a day just for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts