Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Terminator Pros...I have an 03 Cobra :Dwith the following mods...not yet assembled..1 week yeah

5.0 stroker shortblock
Ported and polished heads
Ford Racing GT cams (high lift)
Full exhaust with HF cats and x-pipe
2.73 degree upper pulley
Diablo Predator Chip
Cold-air intake

Blower, MAF, are stock.
Running gear is stock.

What do you think my Dyno will be?
What would you do next?
I am set up for a new blower..not in budeget right now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Port the stock blower and upgrade the MAF....you would see close to 650+ and close to the same TQ......get a bigger blower and the sky would be the limit...

"ED"

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
:deadhorse

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
Port the stock blower and upgrade the MAF....you would see close to 650+ and close to the same TQ......get a bigger blower and the sky would be the limit...

"ED"
No way in hell. not even at the crank. . . as per your current mods id say 460whp . . . .

·
Registered
577 Posts
No way in hell. not even at the crank. . . as per your current mods id say 460whp . . . .
I agree on the nowhere close to 650 with a stock blower. You are going to want to either go ported stocker and spray or twinscrew to get past 600 rwhp mark

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
ive seen non ported eaton cobras with full bolt ons make 500hp im meen look at Almo's car.

·
Registered
341 Posts
ive seen non ported eaton cobras with full bolt ons make 500hp im meen look at Almo's car.
Almos car was a freak. It also didn't make 650+. :) The reason he went so quick was lots of weight reduction and good suspension setup. It wasn't all about power.

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
but it did reach 500hp :yes

·
Registered
341 Posts
True, but there are also full bolt on, non-ported cars making 440whp. :) I think he will make a tad bit more with his stroked and built motor, but no where close to 650 that Yellow02Gtauto was claiming.

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
yeah def but im thinking if he gets a good tune and a upper and lower pulley set up and a good Maf he will reach 500+

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
on a 2.73 pulley without a lower i dont think he will crack 500. . . . he night but its not likely. ya its a stroker and ya he put some gt super car cams in. . . but termis dont get alot from a cam swap. so between 460-480.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
my friends made 460 with upper pulley, bassani heads O/R x and catback, JLT intake.

so my estimate would be very high 400's to very low 500s

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hey Terminator Pros...I have an 03 Cobra :Dwith the following mods...not yet assembled..1 week yeah

5.0 stroker shortblock
Ported and polished heads
Ford Racing GT cams (high lift)
Full exhaust with HF cats and x-pipe
2.73 degree upper pulley
Diablo Predator Chip
Cold-air intake

Blower, MAF, are stock.
Running gear is stock.

What do you think my Dyno will be?
What would you do next?
I am set up for a new blower..not in budeget right now.
I say 500 to the rear easy. I am there with my mods. I was 480 before Kooks LT and Kooks X-pipe, I need Bassani next

1 - 16 of 16 Posts