Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trading my 99 mustang v6 for and 03 GT Sunday straight up trade and I was wondering what muffler would be the loudest deepest sound he has flowmasters on it now should I stick with them or is there something that will sound better?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
LM1's are known to some of the most distinctive for our cars but also the most unsettling to most people. In terms of loudness.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha loudness is what I want in an American musle and I'm use to my friends f350 so I'm fine with it but thanks man I'll check out some videos on it :)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
loudest deepest isnt going to happen with flowmaster.you mid pipe is got alot to do with the sound also

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Get an h pipe
this is what to buy for a deep rumble which is what i'm thinking you want.

Hey LGHTNG02GT, how much power are you making with that 4v?
not entirely sure yet as i still am running on my preliminary tune. soon i should be able to datalog it and get a finalized tune. i got started too late in the season last year (november) with tuning then the winter and then the rain EVERY DAY through April up here in Pa. i'm shooting for 290-300rwhp with bolt-ons and am looking to go low 13's (like 13.2~ish) at maybe 105-106 with 4.10's and my Nitto 555 R's.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
X-pipe would be loud and raspy

H-pipe/pro chamber would be throaty and low rumble

i just swapped out my bbk x-pipe for a prochamber, the loudness got annoying

·
Registered
493 Posts
is it just me or does a straight trade for a 99 v6 to an 03 gt strike anyone as odd? does the gt have a bunch more miles on it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts