Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gt has 92xxx miles on it stock springs with adjustable shocks and struts just wondering will it be ok to cut the stock springs? will it harm the ride quality? or should i just buy some bbk or eibach springs?

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and also my shocls are set at 2 what is better 1 2 3 or 4? and whats the difference its always been set at that number since purchased.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i cut a coil and a half or quarter (can't remember which) on my 00 gt in front to bring it down, didn't notice a much worse ride than the eibach's i had. it was slammed. i ended up swapping back in the eibach's and getting rid of the isolators.

·
Registered
312 Posts
There's a couple of threads on this. Conclusion: It is not ok to cut them, it will greatly affect your ride quality and steering but you can do it. if anything do it, ride it while you save up for aftermarket ones. But go aftermarket If you can, when you can, as soon as you can.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
alot of ppl have cutted there springs and have had no prob when ride quality,other have hated cutted springs.i have had cutted springs, ford c springs and now cjpony prokit......i hated the cutted springs .like the ride of the c springs but love the stance of my prokit.....so if you cut your springs and your not happy with them than buy you a set of aftermarket springs

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm thanks for the input i think ill cut it and save up

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm not a fan of cutting springs. Rather just do something right the first time BUT there are many people who would definately argue that.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
i cut my stop springs and got the pro-kits in the back.

final thoughts:

1) the only problems is the front will bottom out the suspention on any hard bump that you enter with any kind of speed (like, driving speeds over a "decent" size dip in the road)

other then that, nothing else bad to say

·
Registered
312 Posts
Another thing, yeah you're car does look a tad bit lowered. And I saw in another post that you have "blue springs." So chances are that they are aftermarket after all. You might be able to get away with cutting them if they are linear springs. Still, try not to cut more than 1 coil

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
iv had 1.5 coils out of the fornt and 1 out of the rear for over a year, the rides not to bad ( but in used to lifted trucks)

handles good and launches good at the track, it all depends on what you have in your funds

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
I'm almost positive your car has already been lowered. How much lower do you want it? I'd get in there and try and figure out what springs you've got so you know how much drop you have, and then your options are new springs, or take out the isolators if you still have them, that would drop you a bit more.
Does the car have CC plates? You will probably want/need those if you go any lower.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Slamming the car will have a deleterious effect on the handling and ride quality. If you have aftermarket springs already and your car looks like it was lowered 1.5 or 2 inches, any lower and you'll hate the handling and the fact that you bottom out on every bump. Maybe I just don't get appearance mods...

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol it dont seem lowered to me maybe becuz i bought it like that. but i want another inch out of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts