Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to debate if i should just go with the turbo or man up and save up more for the supercharger, any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends, when i looked twin turbo was more, but i was thinking of just going with a single turbo, i think its about a 2-3k difference in price

·
Registered
165 Posts
really depends on what your final goals for the car are. and i'm also fairly sure there's about a million threads on this topic

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yes this **** gets old....its ur money do whatever you want...next time use the search on the forums...this has been asked a million times...have a nice day:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
If all you're going to say is "use the search" and be a dick, dont bother responding. Just move on.

OP, like some have said, its your money and use it as you see fit. If I were going turbo, i'd be going for a hellion single turbo kit personally. Also, if I was going twin turbo, I would be going with an HP twin kit. If you piece together a turbo kit for yourself, stay away from comp turbos. My friend has had 4 brand new comp turbo's go out on him, after comp themselves telling him how to set up the turbo and such. Stick with precision or garrett turbos. Also, make sure you read up on tips to help with your setup, like wrapping the up piping in thermal wrap and also ceramic coating everything to keep temps down.

Superchargers are not as efficient as turbos and dont make as much power. Turbo all the way...just dont buy an on3 kit.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
depends, when i looked twin turbo was more, but i was thinking of just going with a single turbo, i think its about a 2-3k difference in price
Turbo kit usually costs more and most of the time you need a new K-member and other lil thing for the turbo to work. Plus you can find used blowers for around $3k.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If all you're going to say is "use the search" and be a dick, dont bother responding. Just move on.

OP, like some have said, its your money and use it as you see fit. If I were going turbo, i'd be going for a hellion single turbo kit personally. Also, if I was going twin turbo, I would be going with an HP twin kit. If you piece together a turbo kit for yourself, stay away from comp turbos. My friend has had 4 brand new comp turbo's go out on him, after comp themselves telling him how to set up the turbo and such. Stick with precision or garrett turbos. Also, make sure you read up on tips to help with your setup, like wrapping the up piping in thermal wrap and also ceramic coating everything to keep temps down.

Superchargers are not as efficient as turbos and dont make as much power. Turbo all the way...just dont buy an on3 kit.

It's not to be a dick telling him to search. It's inconsiderate when you're too lazy to search for info yourself instead you just ask so everyone comes running to provide you with it. He's also crowding up the forums asking questions that have already been answered. If he's new and didn't know, now he knows there's a search function.

IMO Hellion kits are WAY over priced. and as far as which FI to use, depends on your application, really. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, just depends what you need.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Shiftey- what is your ultimate goal for the car? it's always helpful when you tells us what your goal is if you're asking opinions on future mods

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Really comes down to how much money you have to spend. What you can afford when it breaks if you don't upgrade it right.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I say turbo, and I say the On3 Performance Turbo kit. The people that bash them, are the people that havent seen them.

Ive talked to atleast 10 people using them on 99-04 GT's and all of them have said fitment is fine, it seems like the Foxbodies have the most "fitment" issues. And Im pretty sure On3 has warante on their pipes, so if they rust or crack theyll replace it.

The On3 kit starts at $1800, add a K-Member with tubular a arms and **** from them for $625, start off with the 70mm Master Power Turbo for $300, get you injectors/MAF/Pump situated and itll be right around $3000 all brand new, while taking off some weight up front.

Or you can buy a used centri supercharger for like $2300. But if you can, save the extra money for the turbo, thats my opinion.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts

Not being a dick at lol...just stateing a fact...these get as old as the how much rwhp threads lol or the I want 400hp n/a :)

If he have the cash turbo duhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Lol Slows cute, hes like the Kanye West of MM. Knows his ****, but keeps it real. Reps

·
Registered
205 Posts
To whoever said that hellion kits are over priced, it comes with all the fuel upgrades, all the stainless piping, all the clamps, quality turbo, and all the suspension components needed for install. Plus they are great fitment. That kit that comes in the box is all that's needed to install the kit on your car. The on3 is piece together the rest. I just find it better to buy the kit with a reputation behind it. And I have seen on3. Not impressed.

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
The HP Twin kit cost about the same as hellion and has been around longer. It is overpriced. Guys that don't own a turbo setup shouldn't even post about it.
If you dont have around $15000 to spend then don't get a turbo setup.
There are plenty of threads about fitment and sealing issues with the on3.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I prefer seeing the same questions asked again and again because each time I see a different perspective. I'd read nothing but good things about the ON3 kits on here, and now I see maybe they're not so great, I'll be doing a bit more research on it because of that. Thanks man.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts