Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
New time's coming soon!!!
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to make a build thread for my mach. No major plans as of now. Just gonna do a gear swap and build the rear. Then try to run 11s NA. First I have to get it off the frame rack which I should finish today once I finished spraying a bumper cover. The cars in pretty good shape inside and out. It was hit a little harder than I anticipated buy nothing I couldn't handle. As of right now I'm gonna respray both quarters, roof, hood, bumper (new), and the decklid (new). I'm gonna fill the spoiler holes and run the car spoiler less. Gonna paint the decklid panel black between the tails, smoke the taillights, paint the roof black, and repaint the hood with the Mach 1 stripe painted. Don't have may pics as of right now.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Kool, but wrong forum.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Tech for the 1999 to 2004 Ford Mustangs with the PI (Performance Improved) 4.6L modular engine.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Keep it here. I'm lazy so it would be easier for me to read it here!

What's the timeline of getting it all back together?

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I decided to go ahead and buy another body. The car is gonna need clipped. I should have went this route from the get go but I thought I could save it. Picked the body up today. Gonna get the rear windshield cut out as quick as I can. Let's take 2 cars and make 1 :lol. I'm gonna do a short clip and cut the seam through the floorboard. Gonna make my cuts on the quarter where the sail panels bolts and on the rockers where the seam meets. Gonna get started once the windshield is cut out.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the body work finished up and sprayed the car tonight. Turned out great. Still have to paint the decklid which still needs blocked after I filled the holes from the spoiler. Also painting the roof black and respray the hood. Now for a few pics.

Time to make it shine!!

The car should be finished up sometime next week. Taking a trip to Gatlinburg TN this weekend otherwise it would have been finished this weekend.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome work!
Thanks man, Panel painting didn't work out to well. Doesn't match to my liking. I expecting it to not match to well when I was mixing the color, DSG has alot of pearl and metallics from the silver. So ill be painting the car all over since I'll have to blend the the fenders and doors. I'll spray a couple coats of base on everything come Monday and then get the car put back together as quick as I can.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can is painted. All that's left is my 01 front bumper and my new rear bumper. Finally starting to see the end. Car turned out great, I'm really pleased with it.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

·
Disgruntle Veteran
54 Posts
That is a stellar job, I wish i had the skills to pull that off. I can mechanic anything but i somehow cant even buff a car properly lol.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is a stellar job, I wish i had the skills to pull that off. I can mechanic anything but i somehow cant even buff a car properly lol.
Thanks man, I got the car buff tonight. Some people just don't have the patience for body work. If you rush then something will always go wrong. Atleast in my experience it does.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts