Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2013 mustang but looking at a mach 1 i found for cheap and very clean condition was wondering what parts can put on and if the stock body can handle the hp increases etc like stage 2 cams and such?

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
That was a jumble to read. So you own a 5.0 and are wanting to buy a Mach 1 and are requesting more information, such as power allowances on the stock block?

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
If your mechanical work is anything like your Grammar then slowly back away from the tool box and let someone else handle this task. Stock body? what are you talking about suspension? tranny? Frame? you really need to be more descriptive.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I own a 2013 mustang but looking at a mach 1 i found for cheap and very clean condition was wondering what parts can put on and if the stock body can handle the hp increases etc like stage 2 cams and such?
if its the mach 1 at performance. stay away from it. i went and test drove it and it has many many issues...they wanted like 13k for it. black 03 mach. with 52k miles

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Just the crank on the 5 speed is forged.

OP, if there is an ad, post it up here and we can tell you whether or not it's a good find/price.

And i'd say Mach's can handle ~450rwhp on the safe side, depending on tune, regardless of auto or 5 speed as the connecting rods and pistons are not forged in either. With stage 2 cams and full bolt ons, you will be well below that power limit :lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which color is one from performance? there was black one at baxter but got sold then traded in somewhere else,

I found a Azure Blue mach 1 in lincoln already test drove it, and I know im not a mechanic, dont have to be when my 2013 stock can beat most cars on the road i was just asking for feedback on if the stock mach 1 can handle stage 2 cams and other bolts on as in drivetrain, rear end etc.

·
Common sense isn't common
566 Posts
which color is one from performance? there was black one at baxter but got sold then traded in somewhere else,
he stated it was black in his post...
I found a Azure Blue mach 1 in lincoln already test drove it, and I know im not a mechanic, dont have to be when my 2013 stock can beat most cars on the road i was just asking for feedback on if the stock mach 1 can handle stage 2 cams and other bolts on as in drivetrain, rear end etc.
lol, I'll refrain from adding any personal opinion towards your comments and answer your broad question with a broad answer, yes. A stock mach one can handle almost all bolt-ons available. If you consider a supercharger a bolt-on like some; then the max recommended HP has been stated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts