Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an 03 v6, k&n cai, gt gakeoffs w/flowmasters, 5 speed vs an 06 v6 stock, auto.

thatd be a drivers race right?

·
Registered
315 Posts
mmmmm idk i think the 06 still might have it! But I could be wrong, im no racing expert! i just think you need alittle more like gears and a tune then it might be close! Just my $.02!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the 4.10s tlok and 93 octane tune r coming this summer once its nice out so that should seal the deal right?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
well the 4.10s tlok and 93 octane tune r coming this summer once its nice out so that should seal the deal right?
That should seal it...

But for now your probably gonna be looking at side rear bumper markers...

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
an 03 v6, k&n cai, gt gakeoffs w/flowmasters, 5 speed vs an 06 v6 stock, auto.

thatd be a drivers race right?
Stock auto 05+ run 14.9-15.3 in the 1/4.. Your mods give up about 5hp without a tune... So I say get a tune and you guys should be very close. With your current mods the 06 should pull on you pretty good. You may think I am biased but I had a 2004 v6 with a cai and duel exhaust. And I noticed a pretty good performance increase when i got into my 05. Not a ton but it was pretty noticable. my 2 cents

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Stock auto 05+ run 14.9-15.3 in the 1/4.. Your mods give up about 5hp without a tune... So I say get a tune and you guys should be very close. With your current mods the 06 should pull on you pretty good. You may think I am biased but I had a 2004 v6 with a cai and duel exhaust. And I noticed a pretty good performance increase when i got into my 05. Not a ton but it was pretty noticable. my 2 cents

thats a good driver
plus there has been 15.4 new edges...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
6er, your talking about spending money that is NO WHERE near the power level he is looking for, or near. The read end will hold up fine.

And ya, I'll give it to the '06, even with your mods and a tune, I would still give it to him.

·
Banned
808 Posts
i finally raced that 05+ v6er
i took him by a little more than half a car
but we didnt go all out racing because street racing is bad mkay
1st-3rd i walked the dog on him
4th came a long we were only doing like 75 and i stoped because the speed limit was 70

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
ur kidding u beat a 06 in ur 03, ur only mods a dual exhast setup and cai.

andddd

nvm

i now see that ur a 5 spd and hes auto. you should try racing another stock 5spd 05+ lol

BIG BIG diff.
my parents have an 05 6er 5 spd and i beat an 06 auto by 2.5 :D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
^

and it had been a while since i had driven the 05, and i burned out horribly off the line

·
Banned
808 Posts
ur kidding u beat a 06 in ur 03, ur only mods a dual exhast setup and cai.

andddd

nvm

i now see that ur a 5 spd and hes auto. you should try racing another stock 5spd 05+ lol

BIG BIG diff.
my parents have an 05 6er 5 spd and i beat an 06 auto by 2.5 :D
i raced a 5 speed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
oh wait haha thought u were the thread starter, yea ok u could take one w/ all the **** u got done lmao.

thought the thread starter said he got it by a half

·
Banned
808 Posts
oh wait haha thought u were the thread starter, yea ok u could take one w/ all the **** u got done lmao.

thought the thread starter said he got it by a half
and i had HEAVY 18s on + 2 12' subs

·
Registered
46 Posts
The outcomes would be either way in a race because it is mostly dependent on what modifications you chose. In my case, at 350 hp, most tuned 5th gen GT's are a cake walk.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts