Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone on here installed a Procharger on an 03-04 Cobra? Im going to be installing one on my friends Cobra next week and Im just wondering if its a pain in the ass or not. Ive done 2 Prochargers on GT's but this kit looks a little more complicated. We're hopeing to hit mid 600's rwhp.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i know alot of people that have put them on, and ive done 1 kit personally. ive never driven one on the street though, but i can say that everybody that i know of that has had one has gotten rid of it, they hated the kit. made great numbers, but it was all at the way way top, and just had no power on teh street. also always had problems with belts.

if i were you i would try to talk your friend into a whipple, or KB.

ive personally been in a pulley only cobra and raced a 700RWHP pump gas 19PSI procharged 04 and the pullied one pulled the procharged one because it just wasnt making the power on the street. ok on the track, terrible on the street.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too late for something else, the Procharger is sitting on my floor. Dont think Im gunna have to worry about the belt, because its getting converted to a cog system. Thats crazy all the negitive results on the street, my Procharged GT tears up the other s/c GTs around here..

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Too late for something else, the Procharger is sitting on my floor. Dont think Im gunna have to worry about the belt, because its getting converted to a cog system. Thats crazy all the negitive results on the street, my Procharged GT tears up the other s/c GTs around here..
all the ones i know of have been the COG setup too, and all they seem to do is throw belts, and at $150 a belt it gets expensive.

yeah, your procharger isnt on a 8.5:1 compression engine. you guys will see what i mean though, that kit is going to suck. he should cut his losses and buy a good blower right now before the kit is used.

do a search on SVTP, and see all the negativity on it.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm thats crazy. Its a chicks car too...now thats crazy. Well shes the one that did all the research on it, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Like others said, i'd stay away from the procharger. The 32v is ideal for twin screws. Lots of torque is lost down low with the procharger, some do gears to help it out on the street. But most are still unhappy. Just my .02

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Like others said, i'd stay away from the procharger. The 32v is ideal for twin screws. Lots of torque is lost down low with the procharger, some do gears to help it out on the street. But most are still unhappy. Just my .02
dont forget turbo's too.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts