Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 98 gt, I know its not a 4v but I have a question. I was on craigslist at school today and i came across an 04 cobra for $15000. there is a problem well not big but it has an R title. I read the description and saw some pictures and it looks like it was put back together pretty good. I told my dad about it and he said it might be a little much for a cobra with an R title. "I believe it has around 30000 miles on it.ALso the guy put a 04 gt solid rear in it. Don't know if thats good or not but I would like the irs. Do you guys think its worth to go check it out or no? I guess i can copy the link of the post if you guys want to. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeah i believe in p.a "r" title is "rebuilt" but that is a little pricey for a salvaged car,but it also depends what kind of accident it was in and how extensive it was?

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
^ +1 yeah some got a salvage title where in reality it wasnt damage THAT bad, however you should FULLY inspect everything with a mechanic or a guy that knows ALOT about cars before you consider buying it

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
go drive it. if it feels strong then consider it. but keep looking. im sure you can find one for around 20 with a clean title

·
Registered
169 Posts
some that have a salvage title also werent wrecked at all it couldve been a theft recovery. in that case it wouldnt be bad as long as genuine ford parts were used

·
Registered
649 Posts
In Pa, if it has a salvage "r" title, if everything is legit, it has to pass rigorous inspections to be able to sell with a salvage title. But, its usually not worth anything to a dealer as a trade in or whatever. Basically, if you put alot of money in it, you wont get a darn thing outta it whenyou go to sell it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah the car is in jersey which still probably is strict about the R title, or salvage title. In the piost on craigslist it looks clean, I'll post a link at the bottom of the post here. I think it would be a great car to save up for the Hellion kit :) :) :) :) hahaha

2004 SVT cobra blk coupe

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
That price seems high for a car with a salvage title.

I'd look elsewhere, especially since you want the IRS.

·
Registered
169 Posts
im going to look at a 04' mystic convertible this weekend with only 16k original miles completely stock for 19k!!!! keep looking you will find a better deal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn that's a steal. **** around here people have 03's and 04's going for like 20g's + with like 40k on them when kbb says like 17000 or 18000 for them. I was on autotrader and say a good deal on one for like 19g's. But yeah I might check the car out or just wait for a deal to pop up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, the R title is the only thing that brings the car down, but check out the CL post in my one reply in the pictures he gives it looks like it never had gotten hit. I'll talk to my dad and maybe we can go check it out. :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
those pics might have been taken before the wreck too, ya never know

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
price seems too steep for a salvage title. most times banks won't even finance them. i would search out what you want, and not settle. it only costs you more in the long run when you settle on something. me personally, i wanted an SRA in my cobra, so when i found my sonic blue one, and it had an SRA, i was happy! and i knew it had been abused, but i took it to a shop that i highly trusted, and we went over it with a fine tooth comb.

·
Registered
751 Posts
my cobra has a rebuilt title everything is good on it and i paid 13500 you should offer them about 13k imo

·
Registered
341 Posts
There was a white '04 Coupe with a salvage title for sale recently for around 11500. 15k is a bit steep. I would just save up and buy a clean one for around 16-17k as you can find good deals on those if you look around. A guy was selling a clean '03 Redfire Coupe with 55k miles for 16k here locally, it had some tasteful mods and Fiske wheels. Just do some serious seraching. :) Good luck.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
thats a little to the steep side in my opinion. that solid can be swapped with almost anyone with a cobra that is layin down some power. a friend of mine bought an 03 with low mileage for 19k. he will swap you rear ends as well if you were wanting an irs to go in it ;)

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
hey your from warminster, thats where I bought my mach 1 from, the suzuki dealership there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts