Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna soon buy an 04 cobra wats that best way to get it to break 500 rwhp plz list the mods dont wana change the blower

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
upper/lower, full exhaust, intake, port the blower, port the intake, full dyno tune, and all other supporting mods

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
upper/lower, full exhaust, intake, port the blower, port the intake, full dyno tune, and all other supporting mods
That should get the 500+ mark. It is going to be tough to hit 500 without taking the blower off one way or another. Just wondering, but why don't you want to do a blower swap?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im only 17 the money in the bank is gona go to the cobra plus my 99 gt so wont have money to change blower even if i go 500 flat i would be happy ino alot of cobra with pulley intake and exhaust go to like 460 but i juss wana hit that 500 mark :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
+1. BTW The tune is essential. Don't just crank up the boost without the tune because the 03-04 Cobra's had leaning out problems and just cranking up the boost on that Eaton might be hard on your engine if not dangerous for it.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Just be careful and remember your only 17 with a 400-500 horsepower car (I'm 17 too). I've just heard way to many stories and have seen to many friends wreck cars.

I'd just keep it around the stock power mark until you get used to it then when you have the money slap a Kenne Bell on there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
draz what exactly do u have done to ur gt to run 13.8 because im takin mine to track before i sell and i have a couple mods i made 248 rwp 291 ftlbs last week

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
i ran the 13.89 at atco with just a jlt cold air intake and bald tires on my stock 17s. my car is currently in the shop because some old guy hit me.... but i just ordered some fr500s and ill be putting nitto 555rs on them so im hoping for mid 13s. i think the gts dyno at about 225rwhp so id guess i have maybe 235rwhp if im lucky with the jlt. just drive it like you stole it thats the best mod you can have.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts

If you don't wanna port the blower, try water/meth that will let you run higer boost and more timing. Make sure you get a good idler setup or you will start getting belt slip with the realy high boost.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
better to have a 300 hp car you can drive, than a 500 hp car you can't. Having 500 hp for the sake of having 500 hp is just compensating for something else.

Get your power to the ground before you start thinking you need more of it.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
better to have a 300 hp car you can drive, than a 500 hp car you can't. Having 500 hp for the sake of having 500 hp is just compensating for something else.

Get your power to the ground before you start thinking you need more of it.
+1 thats what i was thinking but didn't want to be the one to say it to him. people overlook that way to often and i'm glad you said it.

i was thinking about getting a termi but i think a mach 1 or a non s/c cobra would be plenty for me..... still not sure. which is why im just saving up money and trying to put down some good times with my gt.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Go big or go home. Get a 3.4 Whipple, stage 3 ams, and ported heads, coil over conversion, k member, straight axle, MGW shifter, Dual disc clutch, custom tune, and enjoy having 700+

1 - 20 of 59 Posts