Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and I drive a 94 z28. You guess seem pretty honest so I had a question about a 03 mustang GT I raced Friday. He started reving at me so we raced and I blew by him like he was sitting still. We pull over after a race or two and he tells me he has 4.36 gears, exhaust, intake, etc. and that he ran a 12.30 in a 1/4. I know this isnt true cause I beat him in my head/cam lt1 that will never see low 12s with my 2.73 gear. What do you guys think a 03 GT with those mods could get in a 1/4?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
with those mods, no. there are a lot of factors that could effect his time though.. if he has full exhaust including headers, intake with throttle body and plenum, 4.36's and slicks with weight reduction it could be possible for him to get in the 12's

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
depends on how sticky his tires are if he has gears higher than 4.10s (4.30s, 4.56s, etc) full bolt ons with steep gears can easily get a good driver into the high twelves if they have sticky tires

·
Registered
922 Posts
there is no 436 gear - guy was a tard. Car was probably stock, and he meant 12s meant 1/8th.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I forgot to mention he said he had almost 300 rwhp! If that was true w/ his gears he should have done a little better than he did against me. He also said that those 4.36 or whatever it was hurt him in the race against my 2.73 LOL! (My 3.73 is going in today!!)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Doesnt that idiot know, you cant use more than a 373 on 4.6 stang?! Geez!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Doesnt that idiot know, you cant use more than a 373 on 4.6 stang?! Geez!
so tell me.. whats that make you and i for having 4.10's? and everyother member on here?? :pive never seen any 4.36 gears? i doubt he ran 12's if you beat him on the street.. how fast did you two run? and what speed did you blow by him?? if he had 4.56 gears then he probably ran out of steam pretty fast in 4th. i can only get to 110 in 4th with 4.10's so i would say 85-90 for him? someone will correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
609 Posts
there is no 436 gear - guy was a tard. Car was probably stock, and he meant 12s meant 1/8th.
ouch!..tell us how you really feel! lol

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
so tell me.. whats that make you and i for having 4.10's? and everyother member on here?? :pive never seen any 4.36 gears? i doubt he ran 12's if you beat him on the street.. how fast did you two run? and what speed did you blow by him?? if he had 4.56 gears then he probably ran out of steam pretty fast in 4th. i can only get to 110 in 4th with 4.10's so i would say 85-90 for him? someone will correct me if im wrong.
+1 4.10s are the best for NA

With 4.56 and stock tires, he would run out of 4th gear at 100 mph. I would like to know who the hell runs a 12.30 @ 100 mph...:wtf

There is no way he ran a low 12. If he is a god at driving, runs close to sea level, and has DRs, he might be able to pull off a low 13. Again, there is no way he would run that fast at 100 mph, unless he had almost every bolt on AND a good H/C set so he could rev to 7K.

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
+1 4.10s are the best for NA

With 4.56 and stock tires, he would run out of 4th gear at 100 mph. I would like to know who the hell runs a 12.30 @ 100 mph...:wtf

There is no way he ran a low 12. If he is a god at driving, runs close to sea level, and has DRs, he might be able to pull off a low 13. Again, there is no way he would run that fast at 100 mph, unless he had almost every bolt on AND a good H/C set so he could rev to 7K.
nah with stickys and 4.56's and bolt ons you can crack a high 12.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
nah with stickys and 4.56's and bolt ons you can crack a high 12.
If you're a god at driving and your track is below sea level maybe. Remember, unless your stickies are really tall, then your trapping at 100 mph in 4th with stock sized tires. 5th gear on a 3650 will KILL you time...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am by no means the expert on Mustangs. However I have a built 2 valve that is pretty quick at the track. Just recently ran a 10.012 on a small shot of NOS (75HP). The reason it did not break 10 sec.'s is I had to get out with my 4.10 gear as the car was
tacking out on me with about 120 feet to go. I will have to go back to 3.73 if I want to spray it, or run just motor on 4.10. I have never heard of a Ford 4.36. I think the man was a little dishonest in what he said he had in the car. See my signature for info on my car. I will post my 10.012 this week as soon as I can get it scanned to my computer. Best of Luck. Cnile.:eek:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts