Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, she just wont idle. Will stay running if I throttle it a little and will go down the road just fine.

car just started doing this yesterday and searched the forums and talked to a mechanic friend that works for Ford.

Removed and cleaned iac no joy.

disconnected the throttle position sensor and still no joy.

Engine light is not on..

ABout to take it to the stealership.. And I hate doing that...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you replace anything? When I replaced my stock H pipe with an O/R X, it wouldn't idle at all. It would die every time I stop unless I keep the rpms up. (engine light still wasn't on) I eventually took it to a shop and they retuned it for me and the problem went away.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Swap out your tps and see if that fixes it, if not just take it back n get ur money back

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Havent changed anything on the car since I bought it. only mod on it is the cold air intake.

I hooked up my obd II dongle to check the tps and it seems to be working fine.

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Sometimes IAC's go bad and cleaning wont solve the problem. I had this happen on my ranger, replaced the IAC and it idled fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am going to replace it just to see if that works. will cost me that much just to have the dealership look at it anyway.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Someone in the IAC cleaning thread said he had a similar problem and cleaning the IAC didnt help but cleaning the maf did. Maybe try this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first chance i have had to get back on here.

Replaced the IAC after a fun run around with Auto Zone and them ordering the wrong part and afterwords finding out they had the rigth one on the shelf the whole time..

But she purrs like a lion again..... thatnks for the help peeps.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Replace the IAC. If that don't fix it then clean the Mass Air. If then still no luck, replace the throttle pos. switch. IAC should do the trick though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts