Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that i got my full time job and doing transmissions i can get a car i want..kinda dont want to get in debt but owell for now..the way gas prices are going i want to get something fast but good on gas..dont get me wrong i love stangs and always will..im not going to get no ricer like a honda civic or anything that will sound like a pissed off pringle can...the g35 is quick to and look awesome..the 350z are nice but look like a girls car personally..i could also turbo the g35 i believe and still get 30 mpg..what do you guys think???or do yal have any other cars you want to tell me i should get..

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
S197 gets 25+mpg on the highway any day of the week. Zip, with 4.10 gears and a race tune averages over 24mpg on the highway. That little difference is worth not having a car that sounds like a coffee grinder.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I'd hold out for the 370Z if you're gonna go the Nissan route.

And you're not gonna get much better than a stock 3v for highway driving unless you drop down to a 4-cylinder. You can get decent exhaust that's not a resonator (read: fart can), but anything that's small displacement has to spin to make any power.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
get a damn mustang and stop all of your dreams of a 350z and all that crap.......with a few simple bolt-ons a 350z cant even THINK about hanging with an s197, unless you cant drive.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
get a damn mustang and stop all of your dreams of a 350z and all that crap.......with a few simple bolt-ons a 350z cant even THINK about hanging with an s197, unless you cant drive.

but wut if the Z had bolt ons too? u gotta look at this stock for stock

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
stock for stock, the mustang should beat a z if you are a decent driver..............i dont know about ya'lls 2v cars but the 3v WILL beat a z.............

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
S197 gets 25+mpg on the highway any day of the week. Zip, with 4.10 gears and a race tune averages over 24mpg on the highway. That little difference is worth not having a car that sounds like a coffee grinder.

Yup. Al is correct. And that's with a 94 octane race tune, and I have my timing bumped up a wee bit. If I put in a 91 octane torque tune, I can hit 28 or so @ 70mph, and I can break 30 if I keep it to 65 and poke along home on the back roads.

The G is a nicer car, with nicer appointments, and is a better built car.

But I would still buy the Mustang because it looks badass and sounds ferocious. The G sounds like a.....G.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yup. Al is correct. And that's with a 94 octane race tune, and I have my timing bumped up a wee bit. If I put in a 91 octane torque tune, I can hit 28 or so @ 70mph, and I can break 30 if I keep it to 65 and poke along home on the back roads.

The G is a nicer car, with nicer appointments, and is a better built car.

But I would still buy the Mustang because it looks badass and sounds ferocious. The G sounds like a.....G.[/quote]

+1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts