Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are your thoughts on the Saleen Stage 3 supercharger for the 05-08 Mustang GT. This kit comes from Brenspeed and comes with the 39lbs injectors, steeda intake, 3.4 pulley, boost a pump, HTO spark plugs, xcalibrator 2 tuner and the belt....The add says 100% turn key kit. 450RWHP and free shipping for about the same price the whipple HO kit goes for!

I'm seriously thinking about getting this kit....Has anyone purchased something like this and if so whats your input.....go for it???

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
everything looks good on the kit, except for the BAP. I'd see if Brenspeed can exchange it for the GT500 fuel pump.

If not, look into JDM performance, for they have stage 1 and stage 2 packages for the saleen. stage 2 putting down 450HP. comes with everything to install (injectors, intercooler, plugs, sct tuner, including the GT500 fuel pump. JDM will not install any other fuel pump kit with their Saleen kits, the live on the GT500 fuel pump.

JDM Engineering

talk to jim sr, jim jr or jim III about the specials they have going on the saleen kits. I highly recommend them excellent service and 400+ saleen s/c installations with 0 problems! especially on automatic transmissions!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I would get it, everything looks good and there is nothing wrong with the Boost A Pump, I have been useing one for a year now with no problems, but if you can get a GT500 setup get it because you never know about what you want to do in the future.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
remember also.

Brenspeed advertises flywheel HP on those kits, not RWHP!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
remember also.

Brenspeed advertises flywheel HP on those kits, not RWHP!

Yes, the stage3 kit advertised as a 500+ HP @ the flywheel. I was thinking about a 10-15% power train loss with my 5sp tranny. So guessing around the 430ish to 450 RWHP guesstimation .

The stage4 kit mentioned having a forged short block, untill then I'll stick with the lower boost kits

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The complete kit goes for $5800 so I will have a little room to upgrade the pump and possibly the intake. If I do, will this effect the tune Brenspeed is sending? Or could they just make the adjustment VIA email tune? The other option I'm leaning towards is....just getting a custom dyno tune after the install.

I need gauges. I was thinking the SOS pillar style with a boost , A/F and probably should go with a fuel pressure gauge.

Thanks for all the input so far...I've been throwing this around for the past 5-6 months or so. I started out with the whipple, then moved towards the Paxton and now the Saleen kit.

Rich

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i kinda worked in the other direction, starting w/ the paxton, then saleen, and i ended up ordering the whipple yesterday from lethalperformance. sure the saleen looks better under the hood, but the whipple has potential for more hp up to 20# boost, where the saleen tops off at about 15, still 15 is awesome on the street. also the saleen is too quiet for me, the whipple makes a little more noise. i also ended up geting the same gauges and pillar pod. but all three make plenty of power, it just adds up to what you really want, and thats what yu should get.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Congrats onederful.

Thats the gauge/pillar combo to get. And definetly get a dyno tune. You could run around on the email tune just fine, but a dyno tune is better because, think of it this way. Its like a suit you buy from Sears compared to a custom tailored suit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think you can right click on to the properties of the photo and get the URL, then copy and paste it on the "insert picture" link on the menu bar above this box.

Has anyone installed the Saleen S/C at home/garage? How hard is it??? Much electrical alerations?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts