Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across an ambient lighting kit for the 05-09 'Stangs...I've been in a 2010, and the ambient lighting was definitely one of my favorite new features.

I was wondering what you guys think and if there are any customer pics. I think it would be a cool addition to the S197's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Honestly, you could get the same lighting effect in the footwells with some cheap LED strips off eBay (I got 2x 30cm strips for $8 shipped). The only thing that might be more difficult to replicate would be the cupholder light and I think there may be a "string" type light you could buy online or possible at AutoZone or Advanced Auto Parts and save yourself a ton of money. I'm working on ambient lighting in my 00 mustang right now. I don't have the balls to pull my cd player out to tap into its power just yet though.

Edit: Here are the string lights I mentioned

AutoZone.com | Neon String Light | 5 ft. blue EL string light

I know you can get them in other colors as well. That ambient lighting kit looked like it was simply lights under the dash and in the cupholder. You might be better off saving a lot of money and buying the lights and whatnot separately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts