Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled my mustang out of the garage after a battery change, only to find out my alternator is being retarded.. But thats another story. K ANYWAY

I know nothing about chips and computers in modern cars or how they work. The last owner of my car told me he had the "pcm" (or somthing that like) set and the governor was removed. My question is, is it possible my "pcm" and governor were reset when the power was cut? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Good question, My car went completly dead over the winter, I forgot to put the battery maintainer on. I have my car tuned, and I have driven it a few times since, and haven't noticed a problem, but I would be interested in hearing what the others have to say.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
In fact I am rather sure my tuned stayed, because the other night I had it up to 6500rpms. The factory setting limits it to 6200 I think, and with my tune I have up to 6800. So Im thinking the tune stayed.. Again, someone will know alot more about this than me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My alternator died with the battery over the winter too... well at least thats what I think lol. I'm takin it in for a test tonight, I just hope the tunings stayed. I don't even know what they were set to before

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
The tune will stay. The only loss maybe your KAM data which stores stuff for the adaptive learning. As soon as you start driving again it will collect more data and be good. No worries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts