Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so its time to make my beaut a lil more comfy. I love the way she looks with the lowered stance the eibach pro lowering springs gave it however with the factory shocks and struts and lowpro tires on 20s it just beats you up going down the road. I am considering going back to factory new suspension to get a little more forgiving ride quality and also the gained height from factory would allow me to throw a little bit taller tires on gaining a lil more comfort. This is my daily driver. I know the factory suspension set up is a bit lacking in handling. Any suggestions? Please help!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
koni str.t's and steeda sports if you want a taller tire, you can keep the pro and go with a nice set of shocks/struts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey - did you cut the bumpstops in the rear? After I lowered my car (Eibach Pro) it beat the hell out of me until I cut the top section of the bumpstops off. Much better after that.

Ok so its time to make my beaut a lil more comfy. I love the way she looks with the lowered stance the eibach pro lowering springs gave it however with the factory shocks and struts and lowpro tires on 20s it just beats you up going down the road. I am considering going back to factory new suspension to get a little more forgiving ride quality and also the gained height from factory would allow me to throw a little bit taller tires on gaining a lil more comfort. This is my daily driver. I know the factory suspension set up is a bit lacking in handling. Any suggestions? Please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey bro you already have the Eibach springs why not stay with them. I would go with the Eibach pro dampers. you will have a really nice tuned ride. I f you got some extra cash why not change the sway bars to match. People do to much screwing around with mismatched products! Stay with Eibach! You will have a better ride. don't forget to change those piece of of crap caster/camber plates ford installed. J&m Make a nice set that I use,that also allows for your correct allignment due to the springs.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Yep, new dampners are in order. I went with the Bilstein self adjusting. They tighten up pretty good under load and decently smooth when putzing around town. Sway bars front and rear might also help with the increased body roll associated with lowering your car.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
IMO the ultimate suspension set up for all around...street, 1/4 mile, etc is to drop just the rear 1'' (Roush springs) to level the car out, adjustable panhard bar, adjustable UCA, and a pair of lowers, all from J&M products. This will feel close to stock and will be as quiet as stock. Add Steeda LCA relocation brackets to dial in the roll center for enhanced traction.

I've had a few combinations on my '05 and this one has by far been the quietest and best all around considering you want to have a versatile ''all around'' feel. 20's are what's killing your ride. 18's or 19's are much more forgiving.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so after pondering long and hard this weekend I don't think I can part with how aggressive the lowered stance looks. I am going to dump the eibach springs and the foose 20"s that are on the car now on craigslist and go with some fr500 style rims on 18"s to get some cushion back. Now back to the suspension.. I have narrowed it down to doing either the full eibach pro system plus kit or the saleen kit that Brenspeed sells for 799. Any suggestions? Anyone out there have either?

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
If you don't mind spending a little:
Maximum Motorsports Starter Box Suspension Package for 05-09 GT
^ This will leave you smiling ear 2 ear.

OP: UCA should never be put in to gain better handling of your ride! They are completely inflexable and greatly increase the suspension bind. Cuz all it is is a solid arm and not even adjustable for pinion angle. Using an adjustable UCA can allow undesired movement at extreme end of axle articulation which you don't want either. Just stick with LCA's.

Check this company out. QUAULITY parts for a decent price.
They make great suspension parts
Carriage House Engineering CHE Performance Products

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Ok so after pondering long and hard this weekend I don't think I can part with how aggressive the lowered stance looks. I am going to dump the eibach springs and the foose 20"s that are on the car now on craigslist and go with some fr500 style rims on 18"s to get some cushion back. Now back to the suspension.. I have narrowed it down to doing either the full eibach pro system plus kit or the saleen kit that Brenspeed sells for 799. Any suggestions? Anyone out there have either?
The eiback pro system is still the same Eibach springs as you have now and would be pointless. The Saleen kit is supposedly the prokit springs with bilstein bampners that have just been rebranded. Keep you springs and get a good set of dampners. End of story.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If you don't mind spending a little:
Maximum Motorsports Starter Box Suspension Package for 05-09 GT
^ This will leave you smiling ear 2 ear.

OP: UCA should never be put in to gain better handling of your ride! They are completely inflexable and greatly increase the suspension bind. Cuz all it is is a solid arm and not even adjustable for pinion angle. Using an adjustable UCA can allow undesired movement at extreme end of axle articulation which you don't want either. Just stick with LCA's.

Check this company out. QUAULITY parts for a decent price.
They make great suspension parts
Carriage House Engineering CHE Performance Products
What? :eek: No! The Maximum Motorsports Starter Box will give him stiffer springs then he has now and he is going for a softer ride. Does that make sense to you?

Since you have an 04 and your dipping into a car that has a different rear suspenion than yours imma say your wrong agian. We hav one upper control arm and you can get it adjustable making it a lot easier to adjust the pinion angle with (SINCE YOU CAN ON OUR CARS) with one point instead of 2 like the LCA's. An adjustable one wont bring you any undisered motion either, and i dont know where you got that from.

I will agree with you on one thing that CHE does make good parts.

Hey if you want to give advice that is no good, please just keep it to yourself .

·
Registered
775 Posts
What? :eek: No! The Maximum Motorsports Starter Box will give him stiffer springs then he has now and he is going for a softer ride. Does that make sense to you?

Since you have an 04 and your dipping into a car that has a different rear suspenion than yours imma say your wrong agian. We hav one upper control arm and you can get it adjustable making it a lot easier to adjust the pinion angle with (SINCE YOU CAN ON OUR CARS) with one point instead of 2 like the LCA's. An adjustable one wont bring you any undisered motion either, and i dont know where you got that from.

I will agree with you on one thing that CHE does make good parts.

Hey if you want to give advice that is no good, please just keep it to yourself .
WOW u mad bro? :mad: I think its funny to read when guys like you get their panties up in a wad about stuff and then they put up on their sig that there cars are fully stock. (Because you come off as rude.) See, i've had the best of both worlds as I've owned an 06GT before but sold it off and when back to a 04 which is fully built. OP, it was late & i guess my mind was still in the realm of new edges as to the adj uca & what I said:

"Using an adjustable UCA can allow undesired movement at extreme end of axle articulation which you don't want either"
^ Disregaurd this lol

The fact still remains the adj. UCA would be a must for pinion angle. (unless you have adj. LCAs, but there is much more to adjust and measure to do it that way. you have to measure twice to be sure the rear is square to the car, where the UCA keeps it square.)

I've been told by a UPR rep that non adjustable upper with urethane is an upgrade over the factory stamped piece that you would use in a daily driver/street cruiser that is not lowered.

The double adjustable arms are available in a solid hiem joint for a drag car or street car that is lowered and will be launching hard on the track, Since there is not any rubber in the arms there will be a little more road noise transferred to the cabin. (Which I know isn't want you want)

Daily drivers will want poly bushings, it is a better ride that rod ends or sphericals.just a weekend warrior, or a drag car will want rod ends, or sphericals....puts power to the ground better, and has a harsh ride.

Otherwise here's some good info OP you may want to look into before deciding:
cherod.com/mustang - LCAs

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
WOW u mad bro? :mad: I think its funny to read when guys like you get their panties up in a wad about stuff and then they put up on their sig that there cars are fully stock. (Because you come off as rude.) See, i've had the best of both worlds as I've owned an 06GT before but sold it off and when back to a 04 which is fully built. OP, it was late & i guess my mind was still in the realm of new edges as to the adj uca & what I said:

"Using an adjustable UCA can allow undesired movement at extreme end of axle articulation which you don't want either"
^ Disregaurd this lol

The fact still remains the adj. UCA would be a must for pinion angle. (unless you have adj. LCAs, but there is much more to adjust and measure to do it that way. you have to measure twice to be sure the rear is square to the car, where the UCA keeps it square.)

I've been told by a UPR rep that non adjustable upper with urethane is an upgrade over the factory stamped piece that you would use in a daily driver/street cruiser that is not lowered.

The double adjustable arms are available in a solid hiem joint for a drag car or street car that is lowered and will be launching hard on the track, Since there is not any rubber in the arms there will be a little more road noise transferred to the cabin. (Which I know isn't want you want)

Daily drivers will want poly bushings, it is a better ride that rod ends or sphericals.just a weekend warrior, or a drag car will want rod ends, or sphericals....puts power to the ground better, and has a harsh ride.

Otherwise here's some good info OP you may want to look into before deciding:
cherod.com/mustang - LCAs
No, not mad at all. :drink This happens all the time, more like once a week it feels, and it confuses the hell outta the OP everytime. So it ends up being no help to anybody.

And i will agree with everything that you just said except for the fact that i dont think rod ends add that much noise and are great. I doubt you would notice between a car with poly bushings vs. a rod end car as far as ride goes. The OP actually never asked about an UCA either and just wanted to know about shocks/springs.

yea, fully stock huh lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
No, not mad at all. :drink This happens all the time, more like once a week it feels, and it confuses the hell outta the OP everytime. So it ends up being no help to anybody.

And i will agree with everything that you just said except for the fact that i dont think rod ends add that much noise and are great. I doubt you would notice between a car with poly bushings vs. a rod end car as far as ride goes. The OP actually never asked about an UCA either and just wanted to know about shocks/springs.

yea, fully stock huh lol
No, i agree 100%. I've ben a mod of other forums and been apart of a few others as well. It especially looks bad for me here because of a low post count. I just shake my head when uncorrect info is given out on sites such as these. So had my coffee this morning and I recorrected myself about the uca being bad on the s197's. :) Because I do know a little about new edge & s197's suspesnsion. Other years? NOPE and I wouldn't even comment about em being such. I just get upset when people come across nasty about a mistake. As for your car....NICE :cool: Great looking ride you got yourself there sir.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I apoligize for coming across nasty. It was a lil late and it irritated mroe than it should have. Just bothered with a lot of the miss information that has been passed along here laetley.

THank you for the comment on the car! :)

Reactions: sonicx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok wow... thanks guys. A bit overloaded on info. Im gonna have to disect and pick thru again in the morning when im rested. As far as selling the pro springs that are on it now it is because the full kit is as cheap as parting together a suspension package from eibach. Figured I could at least make back a few bones that way. And that was one of my fears about the saleen package was that it was possibly just a Rebranded package. Drock, what rim/tire combo is that? Looks sick. Im so torn about dumping my 20"s cause the car just looks so much more aggressive with em! Ugh this is giving me a headache... choices choices...

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
What's the link to the full kit you're looking at? Maybe we can help you piece the rest together so you don't have to bother with selling and reinstalling another set of springs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The kit is Eibach's Pro system plus kit. It comes with the pro springs, pro struts and shocks and also front and rear sway bar. Ive found the kit new listed on several sites ranging from $849 and up. I really do want to stay with a one brand suspension mod thats why I am leaning toward the Eibach set up since it has good reviews and I already like the stance of my ride. Plus they are pretty wallet friendly prices! Next stop is the procharger so def gotta stretch them dolla bills yo!:eek:

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I apoligize for coming across nasty. It was a lil late and it irritated mroe than it should have. Just bothered with a lot of the miss information that has been passed along here laetley.

THank you for the comment on the car! :)
I don't think you were rude or nasty. It's just the internet. There is zero ability to understands someone's tone. It comes down to a person's perception and it could be completely wrong or completely right at any given time.

I'm glad both of you were able to rectify the situation because as I was reading it I was thinking is this becoming a problem?

:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes everyone needs to remember to apply their anit-butthurt cream before getting online. Just as with texting you cannot feel the emotion in something so impersonal as written text so things can be taken so many different ways...:eek:. Anyways... back to my suspension! :yes

1 - 20 of 33 Posts