Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering putting some side exhaust on my car...like the eleanor kit. Does anyone know where to get a set up at? Because i would need the side skirts for it and the rear valance delete to close up my rear end

·
Registered
745 Posts
cervinis.com or Blowbyracing.com.....they both have an eleanor kit

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok now on the cervinis website...it says 07-09 mustang for that particular kit. This should fit on an 05 right? I dont think they changed too much around that would give me problems with fitment

·
Registered
745 Posts
should say 05-09 as they came out with that kit in 05. You could always call them and make sure.

·
Registered
623 Posts
A word of caution with these side exhaust: When you take these cars in for service and they try to lift the car, it's almost impossible to lift them without causing damage. We've got 2 customers, one has a Ronalle edition that's been lowered 1" and no way can we pick it up. Other places have tried and cracked the side skirts and caused other damage. So keep this in mind.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I believe Cervini's eliminated the lift problems, but I'm not sure. The Cervini's Eleanor stuff is pretty good (though I only inspected one up-close for a few minutes). I personally am going for the Cervini's Eleanor hood eventually.

·
Registered
745 Posts
A word of caution with these side exhaust: When you take these cars in for service and they try to lift the car, it's almost impossible to lift them without causing damage. We've got 2 customers, one has a Ronalle edition that's been lowered 1" and no way can we pick it up. Other places have tried and cracked the side skirts and caused other damage. So keep this in mind.
I believe all the Ronaele body parts are fiberglass (side skirts etc.) as opposed to poly eurathane that cervini has. Not sure about the whole lifting part though. Never thought about that.

I believe Cervini's eliminated the lift problems, but I'm not sure. The Cervini's Eleanor stuff is pretty good (though I only inspected one up-close for a few minutes). I personally am going for the Cervini's Eleanor hood eventually.
I just bought the Kaenan Eleanor hood and it is going on today after I get off work!!! Cant wait.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Side skirts for the cervini kit extend below all the lifting points hence the damage problems. 3.5 inches in front and 4 3/8" in the rear along with the exhaust being inconvenient.

Only way to get the car on a lift for service is if the lift has removable feet that extend in height by 4.5" or a safer route is 5". Alot of the service racks in use today have extensions that flip up and down, these don't work. They have to either spin up and down, or be capable of removing and re-installing after the car is over the lift legs.

Either that or you do your own work on the ground like a grunt.

edit -forgot to mention, with prokit springs I have to get the car off the ground via boards just to be able to swing the lifts legs under the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts