Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
don't have time to read the article, but i've been saying this needed to happen for a while. hells to the yeah

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They put a chevy motor in a mustang? While i do think that the ls7 is a good and very powerful engine, i just dont think it belongs in a mustang. thats just my opinion. If anything i would take the engine from the Ford GT or the GT500 and twin turbo it. Those have plenty of power. Ive seen some getting between 1200 and 1400rwhp

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
no reason to put a zo6 motor in when you can easily fir a 5.4 GT motor in and handle over 1,000rwhp on stock engine and fuel system!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
sorry but that isn't a $60k option for a $5K engine stuffed in a $26K car, it just doesn't add up to be $87K

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
sorry but that isn't a $60k option for a $5K engine stuffed in a $26K car, it just doesn't add up to be $87K
Sure enough the window sticker reads:

427 SOHC V8 ENGINE $60,000

I believe the sarcastic reply would be something about accidental decimal point placement....

·
Registered
90 Posts
You're being sarcastic right? Because a 427 SOHC is more like 15k(or more, those were some awesome engines from the 60's) and no this isn't a real option just a custom.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You're being sarcastic right? Because a 427 SOHC is more like 15k(or more, those were some awesome engines from the 60's) and no this isn't a real option just a custom.
I was fooled too. Silly custom window stickers. Phooey!

From the article: "People who bolt unobtanium vintage engines in new cars have a sense of humor. As a case in point, Jim Weigle of Parkersburg, West Virginia, generated a phony window sticker for his 427 SOHC-powered '05 Mustang. It lists the legendary engine as a specialty option on his Mustang and has confused casual observers ever since."

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Egads!

"As for top end, Tony says the big unit easily pulls 4,000 rpm in Fourth, which is 140 mph."

It's quite an article, gonna have to pick up the issue. Sounds like the guy didn't dump nearly as much as $87k into it after all.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Egads!

"As for top end, Tony says the big unit easily pulls 4,000 rpm in Fourth, which is 140 mph."

It's quite an article, gonna have to pick up the issue. Sounds like the guy didn't dump nearly as much as $87k into it after all.
I agree. It is a great article. Just think though, 4th gear, 4000rpms. It has a T56 tremec which is a 6 speed. I would think his top end has to be close to 180+mph.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
lol 80 grand... For under 50 grand you can have a gt with over 1000 horsepower...
Well of course.
But:
1) he didn't spend $80k on it. The price sheet is a joke of his I guess.
2) that car puts down over 700 at the wheels.
a) oh, and it's naturally aspirated....
3) the engine is something of a legend from the 60s. Call it sentimental?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts