Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 05 4.6 3v stang dynoed and the graph doesnt look right. it jumps all over after about 4300rpm. any thoughts guys? Here is a list of my mods...

8.8:1 ratio
manley pistons that i had fly cut for valve clearance
h beam rods
cobra crank
Fully rebuilt cylinder heads
vt stage 3 cams
comp cams valve springs
phaser lock outs
new OEM coils
motorcraft spark plugs gapped to .028
vortech blower running 15 pounds
air to air front mount
meth injection
boosta pump and over size fuel pump

Attachments

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Looks like your fuel ressure drops and goes crazy at the same point as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im not happy with the air/fuel ratio curve either... tuner said it was hard to smooth out due to possible ignition mis. my car has no drivability issues either. i feel no misses, knocks or spudders. just trying to get everyones thoughts

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
What kind of injectors? Also, is your meth coming on at a certain time? A/F looks a little shady at that point.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
60lb injectors, meth runs off mass air flow and WOT

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anybody know what the best spark plug are to run?

·
Registered
79 Posts
it could be the boost a pump. i had so much trouble whith mine. eratic behavior. took them off. im running gt500 pumps stock. its good for 800whp.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
60lb injectors, meth runs off mass air flow and WOT
I just wonder if the meth is kicking in around that 45oo rpm mark? Just wondering why everything looks good up until that point.

anybody know what the best spark plug are to run?
I'm an advocate of Brisk Racing. I've used them in many different race and street applications with great success.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I like Autolites, work pretty good my supercharged car.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
If thats RWHP IMO I would like to here boss oppion on this as well, but I think that if your going above 500RWHP I would get rid of the bap, and just go to GT500 pumps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
all good info, the meth kit is working right, we tested it on the dyno with different settings. i thought about running gt500 pumps as well but the tuner said hes getting all the fuel he needs so i rather not waste the money if i dont have to. there is no pinging either. The boosta pump is wired for full operation at all times. I have no dile to control it. yes, it put down 525 at the wheel the last run. the run before that with no changes put down 531. The weird thing is that there 100% no issues while driving. It only showed up on the dyno. i almost thought it was wheel spin on the dyno?? Anyone ever heard of brisk spark plugs? i read that they are for boosted cars... Im trying to get to the bottom of this becasue i just bought a v7 ysi blower to replace the v2 s strim i have on it now. i want to be at 650-700rwhp. Thanks for everyones input!

·
Registered
375 Posts
So let me get this right, you're running this kind of power on a single pump? Do you know what the duty cycle of the pump it? It really seems like asking for trouble running a single pump at this power.

For reference, before I added my BAP, at 14.5psi of boost with GT500 dual pumps I was at 85% duty cycle at around 6100 rpms. That is about the max you want your duty cycle at. That is with 60lb injectors, stock fuel rails, 9.3:1 compression engine and an Edelbrock blower. I have since switched to E85, 80lb injectors and a BAP and I'm just shy of 80% duty cycle at 6500 rpms.

I think it's a combination of fuel, the meth system and tuning that needs attention. Your air/fuel curve is all over the place. Tuning for meth can be difficult and you need a good tuner for that.

As for Brisk plugs, stay away......you are better sticking with HT0's. They last longer and cost less. I have read more people having issues with the brisk plugs by far compared to the ht0's.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to know about the brisk plugs, i will stay away for sure. The only reason i didnt run gt500 pumps is becasue the tuner said i didnt need it. i will be switching pumps for sure before spring. I hate my air/fuel curve. i feel like i got a half a$$ tune and i have invested alot of moola in my engine to make sure its right. thanks for your input.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
So let me get this right, you're running this kind of power on a single pump? Do you know what the duty cycle of the pump it? It really seems like asking for trouble running a single pump at this power.

As for Brisk plugs, stay away......you are better sticking with HT0's. They last longer and cost less. I have read more people having issues with the brisk plugs by far compared to the ht0's.

I agree with getting away from the BAP. It might not be an issue now, but I just don't like the idea of boosting the single pump over running the dual pump set up which is good for over 800 hp. Just a peace of mind issue.

What kind of issues are people having with Brisk plugs? I have used them for decades, in all sorts of cars and motorcycles, street and race only, and have never had a failure issue with them. It's a 1-piece design so you won't ever have to worry about that issue. As far as longevity, I swap mine out at least every couple of years if not sooner, so I really couldn't tell you how long they last. Price is not an issue with me when it comes to certain kinds of parts, I always want to get the best. Plus I'm not sold on the strap/electrode design of the HTO's. Call me an old fart, but I like the traditional single prong, it's easier to gap, and can always be side gapped to open up the spark profile if your having ignition issues.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I agree with getting away from the BAP. It might not be an issue now, but I just don't like the idea of boosting the single pump over running the dual pump set up which is good for over 800 hp. Just a peace of mind issue.

What kind of issues are people having with Brisk plugs? I have used them for decades, in all sorts of cars and motorcycles, street and race only, and have never had a failure issue with them. It's a 1-piece design so you won't ever have to worry about that issue. As far as longevity, I swap mine out at least every couple of years if not sooner, so I really couldn't tell you how long they last. Price is not an issue with me when it comes to certain kinds of parts, I always want to get the best. Plus I'm not sold on the strap/electrode design of the HTO's. Call me an old fart, but I like the traditional single prong, it's easier to gap, and can always be side gapped to open up the spark profile if your having ignition issues.
The issues I have read about the Brisk plugs is the silver electrode on them and many people have had them fail/wear out quickly. The biggest thing with them is your tune needs to be spot on. Even my tuner, Manual Pazo(Lito) who I consider to be up there with the likes of Eric Brooks, John Lund, [email protected] advised me against them when I asked about getting them.

I believe the newer Autolite's don't suffer the issue that the original HT0's & HT1's did as far as separating when changing your plugs. I do agree though that gapping the damn HT0's really sucks!

Here is one thread regarding the Brisk plugs..Seems like possibly a quality control issue since the issues seem to be hit & miss.

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here are my thoughts for what they are worth looking at your A/F ratios I would say you have a fuel problem not lack of but too much it looks like at 4300 rpm it go's rich and stays there if thats when your meth injection kicks in thats were I would start off by maybe backing off some on the size of the nozzles you are running in your meth injection you did not say weather you were running straight alcohol or a water/alcohol mix you may also need to adjust the mix ? You also said you have your BAP set to full on all the time you could also try adjusting that back a little at a time if your tunner is having problems pulling fuel out of your tune. Im by NO MEANS an expert just throwing out thoughts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i just ordered gt500 fuel pumps for her. think im going to change my cams before my next dyno appointment. Going with comp stage 2 blower cams...can wait.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts