Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem to have an issue under WOT, it doesn't occur all the time either. Pull when in WOT the car sometimes loses all power and seems to die the 1 seconds later its fine.

Two fault codes, CHT (cylinder Head Temp) and Engine Oil Temp Were coming up as out of range. Temperature gauge in car is fine.

Car has ~22000 Miles Unsure of previous maintenance as we have only had it for about 6 months.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Is there any other aftermarket parts on it? Smaller pulley or cai? Do you only get the codes under WOT? When you say seems to die, do you just lose a lot of power and it doesn't die? If you clear the codes they come right back?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is completely stock, not CAI unsure of pulley but assuming its stock.

The codes come on when the diagnostic tool goes through an engine test with the vehicle, unsure as havent had it plugged in when it does this. The codes do come back. The only other one was a hand brake earth issue. But unsure on this as the handbrake light operates fine.

Im unsure if the car loses all spark but it seems to be like it over fuels and floods for a split second, and revs drop right down. Next second picks up, and away again.

Speaking of which overfueling or lack of spark could be an issue as have seen little amounts of black smoke and the rear bumper does get a little dirty.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
What I would do is try to data log, I did this when I thought something was wrong because I wanted to see at what IATs I had when my clutch started to slip. If you data log it I would put on the pedal sensor, Fuel Pressure, Spark, and timing , if you can, again I dont know if all of those parameters are there but it should help diagnose.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Did think this. Will a stock 427R fry the tyres at 50-60mph in 3rd?
It could.....lots of variables but yes!

Turn the TCS off and go try again

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
My only problem with the TCS thing is that it doesn't explain the codes being thrown

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Try cleaning your sparkplugs and throttlebody.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are the plugs a straight removal I read somewhere you had to be careful otherwise they could break in the head.

·
Registered
932 Posts
my car would do the same thing when i had like just under a quarter tank of gas and i would go from a died stop it would cut out half way thourgh first completly then it would come back but i just put some gas in it lol and it was fine but mine didnt through any codes but if your car ran lean for a sec it might increase head temp

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I would seriously consider data logging your car, if you have a tuner you can do it, and its would be less time consuming and could tell you whats going wrong so then you can tell if you need to know if you have to pull your plugs.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would try turning of traction control and make a habit of that. TC on our cars is dangerous IMO. Go ahead and fill the gas tank if that doesn't work. Then I would check spark plugs and check their gap (should be about .032) Then I would clean the throttle body and if that doesnt fix it I would get a tune from VMP as it could just be a rich tune. My Roush tune was rich and went below 10-1 but didnt throw any codes but did have a stutter when I got on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts