Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody share an instruction for changing a steering wheel? My leather wheel is cracking in 3 places and is out of warranty. I have ordered a new Bullitt wheel.

I did a similar change on a 2000 GT a few years ago and it went well, but I don't remember all the details. I seem to remember it was fairly simple. Yes, I know about disconnecting the battery and letting it bleed off so I don't pop the airbag. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
991 Posts
its not that hard...i would pull the air bag fuse to just to be safe...

but anyway...its only three or four strews when you take off the cover from the steering wheel....

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
are the new ones not pressed on anymore. Do they require a puller?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
i would be willing to bet they are held on with a nut (maybe 17or18mm) and pressed on there, so i would rent a puller from your local auto parts store just in case you need it

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steering Wheel

Thanks. I have the '06 factory service manual. I saw this page, the thing it doesn't tell me is how to get the center, or I guess the airbag module out. I seem to remember from my '00, you take 2 or 3 screws out from the back of the spokes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steering wheel

Thanks, that's what I needed. If I disconnect the battery for an hour , do I still need to pull the airbag fuse? I can't imagine I'd have to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts