Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At about mid-night (an hour ago) a friend and I were driving to meet up with some people when i saw an 06 Gt cruzin ahead. I caught up to him and realized I had known this kid from highschool, from what i heard he wanted to race me so i gave him the chance. As far as performance goes i have welded in flows and a short-throw, all i know about the 06 was he had an exaust both of us are manual. So i get next to him and down shift to 2nd he sees that it was me and did the same, 3 honks and we take off and i stayed about 1/4 of a car ahead. Shift to 3rd n he pulls me in a lil bit about a bumper behind then he shifts so i stayed ahead. Looking up at the road ahead i yell (along with my passanger) OH SHI*#!!! COP!! the 06 spotted him as well and we stomped the brakes outta reaction and my friend yells GO! GO! GO! So we take off and come to a traffic light turning red, I book right the 06 goes left threw the red. I slow to turn down the next side street but the cop was on my bumper. I was screwed, He pulls me over asked what the hell i was thinking and scared my azz straight then sent me on my way...:eek: I couldn't believe it i got lucky as hell, the 06 got away scott free! Lucky...But i still wonder, if we had kept going would i have beat'n him? I was ahead till we locked the brakes but im still not sure....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I know i beat an 06 convertible. I think if he cant shift or has a bad one you have him. The kid i was racing couldn't drive for a damn, i beat him by 3 cars in about 800 feet

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
what are your mods? and driver mod plays a huge roll in races like that

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only got a pair of weld'd in flows and a short throw.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
hmmm...sorry bro...but with the same driver in both cars...you would be watching tail lights

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
^^^^+1

thats what i was thinking......he has more power stock and yall both just have mufflers so he should have you

what is the weight of the the 02 vs the 06

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i dont know the weight but that is a 3v motor in them...remember that

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
:dunnoi just toy with them, always have. even before i got the mods i do now, it want a comparisson. i really like the s197's, but i think they are a huge dissappointment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts