Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Mustang GT with a Vortech Supercharger. The kit came with 39 lbs/hr fuel injectors. I currently have the stock fuel rails. Should I upgrade my fuel rails and should I also add a Fuel Management Unit or a Fuel Pressure Optimizer to my fuel line? I have upgraded my fuel pump to the GT500 Duel fuel pump and I have a BBK twin 62mm throttle body. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Your GT500 pumps are fine for your setup. Nothing else needs upgraded unless you exceed ~550 RWHP as far as pumps are concerned; I don't know the limit of the 39 lb injectors.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I think you might be pretty close to maxing those injectors, Not 100% but I know someone on here posted a chart from ford or something that shows the max duty cycle and HP of different injectors.

I just checked Kenne bells website for injector stuff and they speciffically talked about 39Ilbs Cobra injectors and the are capable of 600RWHP, but what they did say is that it also depends on your A/F ratio.

http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/05_3VgtTechTips.pdf

Since I cant copy and paste the Text, its on page 6 under the title Fuel Pressure.

Im not 100% on any of this kind of motor stuff, since Im at the relaible limit of power on my motor with just a blower and a Tune I havent really messed with anything to get more power.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You think 80lb/hr injectors are to high? I found a formula that can be used to determine a good injector size to use. With using the formula I came up with a 47lb/hr injector. With these injectors do I need a Fuel Management Unit or Fuel Pressure Optimizer to regulate the air/fuel ration?

·
Registered
227 Posts
You think 80lb/hr injectors are to high? I found a formula that can be used to determine a good injector size to use. With using the formula I came up with a 47lb/hr injector. With these injectors do I need a Fuel Management Unit or Fuel Pressure Optimizer to regulate the air/fuel ration?
Can you change injector lb/hr without modifying the tune to account for it or does the computer adjust itself? Seems like more lb/hr would be spraying more fuel for a given duty cycle. Yes?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Can you change injector lb/hr without modifying the tune to account for it or does the computer adjust itself? Seems like more lb/hr would be spraying more fuel for a given duty cycle. Yes?
Definitely.

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
Get 60lb injectors. They are cheap and idle good. 80s or id1000 are wayover kill. The fuel thingys your talking about are not ever needed. A 40 amp boost a pump would only be needed if the tune shows that the duty cycle onthe pump is gettin close to its limits

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Larger injectors will not have to work nearly as hard as the 39's will. You will need a qualified pro to tune for them though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.