Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright both stock car the mustang has some suspension mods where does she stand up against that G35 in the 1/8th mile ?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the guy has run down the track about 5 times in his old car this will be the first time in the G35 ( old car was a v6 new edge), ive run the stang about 3 times but use to hit up the track every weekend when i had my focus so i know i got a better driver mod than him lol oh and both cars are automatic

·
Registered
282 Posts
You should have nothing to worry about. I had a run in with a 350z the other day, didnt expect me to come out on top. And im in a new edge with midpipe and catback only.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should have nothing to worry about. I had a run in with a 350z the other day, didnt expect me to come out on top. And im in a new edge with midpipe and catback only.
sweet thats what i needed to hear

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
You got him easy.

With it being an 03 it doesn't have the more powerful motor that comes in the newer models, so he is mid to low 14s and best.

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
i'm curious as to how this race was raced...from a dig or roll? I played with a new edge from 70-120 and it was neck and neck pretty much

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm surprised at how much the g35 weighs in at almost 3500lbs. I would love to race one like your buddys with my 98 with 4.10s and slicks next spring, would be close!

·
Registered
282 Posts
i'm curious as to how this race was raced...from a dig or roll? I played with a new edge from 70-120 and it was neck and neck pretty much

First time he did a flyby on me. Then he followed me and we did a 20-25 roll to around 80. I had around 3 on him. I know it had exhuast on it.

I really dont have anything on my car either. Just a drop in k&n, Prochamber and mac catback.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
First time he did a flyby on me. Then he followed me and we did a 20-25 roll to around 80. I had around 3 on him. I know it had exhuast on it.

I really dont have anything on my car either. Just a drop in k&n, Prochamber and mac catback.
3 lol?? from 20-80? he couldn't drive. i think you can beat them but not sure about three cars from a roll

·
Registered
131 Posts
I raced a Twin Turbo 350Z from a 30mph roll to about 90 and pulled about 2 cars on him =)
Should have seen the look on his face. Ha PRICELESS

As for you pulling 3 cars on that roll he must have sucked at driving OR he must have really sucked. I would think that would be a neck to neck race with the mods you have.

And for the Original thread. I think if both your cars are automatic and you've been to the track a lot more. It's a rhetorical question- Your car should easily pull on his 03

·
Registered
282 Posts
+1. 2006's have 300hp at the crank. No way you should have pulled on him that much.

Never said that it was a certain year. The early model 350 it is entirely possible. I know it wasnt an 06 and up.
Is there anyway to tell if its a certain year?

It was prob an 03-04 most of the ones ive seen dyno at around 220 whp and around the same on torque.

Doesnt matter to me ive just been wanting to run one for a while. I usually just run my friends lightning, not alot of ppl want actual runs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No you can't beat a 350Z a 2003 350Z will still beat a new Mustang with 315hp. The margin of victory for the Z will keep increasing as the speed increasing and if you keep running the Mustang GT passed the 1/4 Mile to the intangible Mile the 350z will win by football field lengths. A 350Z runs 5.2 0-60. The 350Z will win by a car length in the 0-60 while in 2nd shifting in to 3rd. I will race my 350Z anytime and anywhere vs a Mustang GT. And I will even give the Mustang GT a football field stock for stock in a Mile run. The Mustang GT is too heavy and too clumsy and will take approximatley 350hp for a Mustang GT to beat a 2003 287hp auto 350Z. Versus a real 350hp/350Z a Mustang GT will need approximatley 430-440hp to drag faster. That's with a Mustang upgrading to an Cold Air Induction, headers, cat back exhaust with-out cats, require (2) racing fuel pumps, injectors, rails, electronic R ignition, weight reduction, a complete engine swap and bore the engine 3X time over in addition to new cams and pistons. Then change your throttle body. O did I forget to mention that a Mustang will also need to bore the combustion chamber angular to acheive this kind of hp. This is why the 370Z has to run vs the *Mustang Shelby GT 500/500hp*. To support this the 300hp 300ZX Twin Turbo from the 1990's that's last century tore up the streets vs the 4.6L V8 225hp GT. The Mustang GT will never be faster than a Z. That's like saying a Mustang is faster than a 300hp Porsche 911 Carrera.

287hp
300hp
306hp
323hp
332hp
350hp
is what your Mustangs are up against already running 5.2's 0-60 from stock. You will loose. My license plate says "T'ang and SS Killer" right under my Nissan "350" emblem and don't forget it. Now you know who to race and I hope your car does 160MPH or does it still max out in the 140's? Because that's how fast the Tang is gonna have to go to run the intangible Mile. Mustang ranks at the bottom at #100 followed by the #99 Camaro in the top 100 going by fastest 0-60 times. Mustang owners are full of croc and the GT's where never faster than any of the twin turbos Japan brought here. Every day I see the pizza men delivering pizzas in Mustangs with the pizza hut logo on top and is a class D car. I'm calling the bull flag!

·
Registered
144 Posts
No you can't beat a 350Z a 2003 350Z will still beat a new Mustang with 315hp. The margin of victory for the Z will keep increasing as the speed increasing and if you keep running the Mustang GT passed the 1/4 Mile to the intangible Mile the 350z will win by football field lengths. A 350Z runs 5.2 0-60. The 350Z will win by a car length in the 0-60 while in 2nd shifting in to 3rd. I will race my 350Z anytime and anywhere vs a Mustang GT. And I will even give the Mustang GT a football field stock for stock in a Mile run. The Mustang GT is too heavy and too clumsy and will take approximatley 350hp for a Mustang GT to beat a 2003 287hp auto 350Z. Versus a real 350hp/350Z a Mustang GT will need approximatley 430-440hp to drag faster. That's with a Mustang upgrading to an Cold Air Induction, headers, cat back exhaust with-out cats, require (2) racing fuel pumps, injectors, rails, electronic R ignition, weight reduction, a complete engine swap and bore the engine 3X time over in addition to new cams and pistons. Then change your throttle body. O did I forget to mention that a Mustang will also need to bore the combustion chamber angular to acheive this kind of hp. This is why the 370Z has to run vs the *Mustang Shelby GT 500/500hp*. To support this the 300hp 300ZX Twin Turbo from the 1990's that's last century tore up the streets vs the 4.6L V8 225hp GT. The Mustang GT will never be faster than a Z. That's like saying a Mustang is faster than a 300hp Porsche 911 Carrera.

287hp
300hp
306hp
323hp
332hp
350hp
is what your Mustangs are up against already running 5.2's 0-60 from stock. You will loose. My license plate says "T'ang and SS Killer" right under my Nissan "350" emblem and don't forget it. Now you know who to race and I hope your car does 160MPH or does it still max out in the 140's? Because that's how fast the Tang is gonna have to go to run the intangible Mile. Mustang ranks at the bottom at #100 followed by the #99 Camaro in the top 100 going by fastest 0-60 times. Mustang owners are full of croc and the GT's where never faster than any of the twin turbos Japan brought here. Every day I see the pizza men delivering pizzas in Mustangs with the pizza hut logo on top and is a class D car. I'm calling the bull flag!
I'd love to see a twin turbo japanese car beat mine. My friends dad has a twin turbo 300zx pushing 400 and I pull at least 4 cars on him from 20-150. Put your money where your mouth is "T'ang killer"!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts