Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and i recently purchased a 2006 white convertible 4.0 stang for 14000. Well the dealership messed up and sent me the title before they cashed the loan check that then expired and lucky me due to that stupidity i got my car for only 7000ish sucks for them. They are not happy I wont pay it now that the titles myn and they messed up. So now i have 7000 I no longer have to pay on the car and i would like to use it for some mods. I love the V6s don't want a GT so don't tell me to go do that not gonna happen.

Thus far with the minimum research i have done i have a list of some things that i think fits close to that price range and from what i gathered will work well. I know a little bit about cars and have people to help me with installs. What i would really like to know is if I am headed down the right path with my list any help or ideas better then what I have would be very welcome to be changed. i am just looking for a nice fun street car with some kick nothing to crazy.

THE LIST
3.73 Gears with 8.8” tlok From Ford Racing
Dual Exhaust w/ long tube headers from Ford Racing for the 2010 V6 (if you do headers back I was told it works on 2006’s)
Procharger D1SC w/core 3 intercooler (need help on where to find this and will it work? I thought it was only for the 4.6’s and I can’t find a kit for the V6s any help on that?)
39lbs/hour fuel injectors (with the Procharger? needed?)
Tuner with the Procharger Dyno tune later on after its in
GT40 Fuel pump (to support the Procharger)
1.5 inch lowering springs and sway bar kits from Eibach
Ford Strut Bar

I figure these are good starting Points maybe???? I want it right the first time for sure before i start buying things.
P.S. I am new to the whole forum-thread thing so i hope i did this in the right place lol

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
First off....welcome to the site!!!

That's a great list of mods you're looking to do. depending on how many pounds of boost you're going to run...anything more then 7-8 lbs and you're going to have to build up the motor cause it's not going to last. is it a manual or auto?

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its an Auto sadly wish i had a stick but it didn't work out but i hear the autos have a lot potential. So i need to do a 7.5" not the 8.8 for it to work. Thanks for the links for the procharger i will look at doing that it seams the better option. What other mods would i need to do to get engine to support the higher fuel input and higher boost ?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Get the gt rear end. I've always heard to use 4.10s for an auto. And you will probably want some suspension work because convertibles handle like boats due to the stiffer frame.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya as far as the lowering kit i wasn't sure what to get on suspension besides the springs and some kind of sway bars? does anyone know what it will take to run more boost on the procharger? and what is all this going to do to my gas millage ? also with all this what HP and Torque am i looking to put out any guesses?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'd go ahead with an 8.8 rear end swap, tlok, and 3.73 gears if you have a manual and 4.10 gears if you have an auto.

Exhaust would be great to have done at the same time.

Also definantly go turbo or supercharger.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
:welcome

Don't buy anything from RPM Outlet. Many people here have had problems with receiving their parts, and they have terrible customer service.

I recommend you get a turbocharger instead of a super because psi for psi, a turbo will win. Also, there are a few other reasons, but do some research.

With F/I, you really don't need gears higher than 3.73's, but the 8.8 rear end is absolutly a better choice than tloking the 7.5.

Suspension upgrades are a must. Start with some adjustable upper and lower control arms. You need the adjustable ones if you want to lower your car.

Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle is your friend.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 8.8 is a must if you plan on going FI. Some will argue that point but in the end the 8.8 swap is easier because you can get gears of your choice already installed. You need to make up your mind between turbo or s/c. If you go with turbo, stock or 3.55 gear ratio will be better suited. From all of my research you can run around 12 psi on a stock motor but thats really it. There is debate as to what the weak link of the motor is once you start building serious boost. You will also need an aluminium DS. You can go with the x charger for a s/c, forded4 for t/c, i think hellion makes a turbo kit, there are more but I can't think of them off hand. You can always build your own turbo as well which is what i'm in the process of doing right now.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
if your planning on boost. Steeper gears are not the answer. You will want to build your application around the boost, and with steeper gears you will run out of gear too fast before your poweradder is at it's full potential. Thats one reason why the Termi's came with 3.55's. Yes you can do 4.10s with boost, and have a good application. 3.73s with boost will be just fine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i think i will go will SC cuz cost wise its what i can manage so what does everyone think the best mod to start with would be ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok i spent an hour on the phone with someone from procharger they were not to helpful in tell me anything I asked for in detail only what i wanted to hear. I don't want to end up braking anything on my car so i am looking at more research based around the procharger before i drop any cash cuz i am getting a lot of mixed data so to speak. i am thinking i will start out with exhaust the full system as my first mod. Your right no long tube headers so i am going to put on the kit they offer i am thinking. From there any help or opinions on what i should do next are welcome last thing i want to do is spend alot and not be happy with the outcome. new whole axle is most likely my next step. Also are there any good Transmission upgrades for the autos anyone knows about and will anything need to be done there to support new power?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts