Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys :D

I have a small question...
I'd like to buy a drop-in filter, but I'd like to leave the stock hose...
Something like THIS

Can you guys point me in the right direction, please?
I've looked at kits, but its the whole pipe + filter...

Anything is appreciated.

Saludos!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I think that is a ford racing kit but i aint sure

·
Registered
691 Posts
i saw on a website the other day someone who just sold the end unit for the cai and it was like 90 bucks.....but i dont remember the site and cant find it. sorry i cant be more help but its out there, keep lookin

·
Registered
691 Posts
hmmm....on second thought i could have been wrong, i found this on the frpp site, email them and ask about this, it doesnt show the elbow in the picture so it may just be the end and the filter. looks like what you were after. hope this helps :) FORD RACING 2005-2009 MUSTANG GT COLD AIR INTAKE -- M-9603-S463
for my 2 cents tho, to spend this much on the end you might as well upgrade the whole thing for another hundred bucks. seems more worth the money

·
Registered
789 Posts
Why don't you want the piping? That's where you get the power from, larger piping and a larger maf housing. Don't go cheap for minimal gains, just do it right, spend under 600$ on a good intake and tuner combo right off the bat and enjoy your ear to ear grin everytime you floor it. C&l steeda or jlt. Just search on brenspeed.com or americanmuscle.com

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
If it really is something you want to do, you can go to an Advance Auto and get their "Spectre DIY Cold Air" stuff. You could just buy an adaptor from your stock pipe and a filter right there, and that should do it for ya. It would be alot cheaper. But, it's better to just buy a whole CAI system

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One question, why?
Well I wanted to... (Went into thinking mode while reading the other replies)

hmmm....on second thought i could have been wrong, i found this on the frpp site, email them and ask about this, it doesnt show the elbow in the picture so it may just be the end and the filter. looks like what you were after. hope this helps :) FORD RACING 2005-2009 MUSTANG GT COLD AIR INTAKE -- M-9603-S463
for my 2 cents tho, to spend this much on the end you might as well upgrade the whole thing for another hundred bucks. seems more worth the money
Hm...

Why don't you want the piping? That's where you get the power from, larger piping and a larger maf housing. Don't go cheap for minimal gains, just do it right, spend under 600$ on a good intake and tuner combo right off the bat and enjoy your ear to ear grin everytime you floor it. C&l steeda or jlt. Just search on brenspeed.com or americanmuscle.com
Hmm...

If it really is something you want to do, you can go to an Advance Auto and get their "Spectre DIY Cold Air" stuff. You could just buy an adaptor from your stock pipe and a filter right there, and that should do it for ya. It would be alot cheaper. But, it's better to just buy a whole CAI system

Ok. I'm convinced. I'm buying the whole thing.
Thanks guys.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Damn! I was just gonna offer to sell you my old one.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
seventy-five bucks, you pay shipping.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Still going to need a custom programmer because the FRPP uses a larger MAF housing. I was asking why because I didn't know if you were trying to avoid the tuning.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
@king I seriously lol'd at your avatar. Where did you find that?!
I can't remember exactly where... That's a little short from Family Guy, Peter & Lois having sex. One of my favorite scenes from that show. I can't remember where I got it from. LOL!!!

Here ya go...

·
Registered
78 Posts
If u wana go cheap go with like k and n filter if u want the best for ur car go with the jlt combo with a tuner to really feel some power

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
The C&L racer produces more power than the JLT.
That depends on the tune you get. They both flow A LOT! And the car doesn't even need all that air. I bet if you were to get a C&L vs JLT and get them tuned by the same person, they will be dead on... The engine can suck in only so much air...

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
That depends on the tune you get. They both flow A LOT! And the car doesn't even need all that air. I bet if you were to get a C&L vs JLT and get them tuned by the same person, they will be dead on... The engine can suck in only so much air...
I disagree. It has been done and the C&L Racer made more power. I'm not talking about that much but it's capable of being noted. I'm not saying that the JLT is garbage. It's not! The two of them are hands down the best CAIs on the market for the S197.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts