Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
H3N3Y
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting for opinions or ideas on what to do next for my GT. Its an 07 GT auto trans. I have intake,throttle body, exhust, staggered rims, also have Red Racing Stripes. I have 4.10 gears but those arent installed yet.

Any ideas for what next?

Attachments

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
suspension tires or forced induction, but if your ballin on a budget you could do a GT500 front chin spolier mod, its under $200 and took me less than 3 hrs to get it right.

or you could do 2011+ side mirrors for around $250, again pretty simple and from what I understand you just have to enlarge two holes in the mirror and your done.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Suspension and tires Build from the ground up.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
TUNE once gears are installed. Should help out the auto trans, as well.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Subframe connectors, upper and lower control arms:baller:
You must be in the wrong section....lol, subframe connectors are for those old crappy handling cars..;) lol, I would say lca's, adjustable phb, shock and struts with some springs... what's your budget man?

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
You must be in the wrong section....lol, subframe connectors are for those old crappy handling cars..;) lol, I would say lca's, adjustable phb, shock and struts with some springs... what's your budget man?
It's still a unibody car though.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
There are a lot better suspension parts to get than subframe connectors.. I know you can still buy them for our years... but unless you are 100% track car I don't think you'll feel the difference

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Only reason I'm going to eventually get them is because I want to keeps car forever. That means no frame bends!

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Subframe connectors, upper and lower control arms:baller:
It's still a unibody car though.

The S197 chassis is pretty stout though, and yes there is some flex, but it is pretty minimal until you reach some pretty good power levels. They are on my build list but are one of the last items on there, right next to the full cage. That's how far down the list they are.

Depending on what your plans are with the car I would look at control arms, dampners and springs. Again, spring choice is going to be based on your goals/build plan. Stiffening the suspension either way though, is a definite. After that I would look at the drivetrain, 1-piece aluminum DS, Torque converter, and depending on your power goals, there is some tranny work that should be done before laying down some serious power. These 5R55S slushboxes are supposed to get a little sketchy once you get over the 450 hp mark.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts