Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car is pulling so much vachume that it is sucking the hose completly shut does anyone have any advise on what to do?

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
the car is pulling so much vachume that it is sucking the hose completly shut does anyone have any advise on what to do?
Go with breathers and get rid of all of that PCV stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I changed mine to hydraulic hose. It's a PITA to cut, but it won't collapse at all. Breathers will work, but you will probably have to put up with some oil smell in the interior when the windows are up.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
use hose that is meant to repair soft fuel injection lines or use barrier hose that is used in ac systems and, like topoffgt said, hydraulic applications.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
does anyone else think its odd that this guy's motor is pulling so much vacuum that it's doing this?

·
Registered
135 Posts
does anyone else think its odd that this guy's motor is pulling so much vacuum that it's doing this?
I was thinking the same thing.

That, and if he's using the "stock PCV" system...the hose is plastic...if he's managed to collapse that, all I can say is damn!

Keep in mind I know nothing about the paxton setups...not sure if they re-use the stock PCV tube (like my Roush M90 setup) or what they do.

If not, hydraulic hose would be the way to go (same thing you'd use on a catch can as oil won't break down the hose) as it takes a whole hell of a lot of vacuum to collapse it. I would check as to why you have to much vacuum though...sounds like something isn't right...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it's fairly common with S/C cars. When the hose heats up, it gets very pliable and can collapse. Mine was doing it, too before I added the hydraulic hose with the catch can.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
i guess i am a little confused too, at idle and low load conditons your manifold should have high vacuum and your PCV system shouldnt be working too hard. When you go under heavy load you get pressure in the manifold instead of vacuum obviously so your PCV system is going to be pushing pressure back through the breather.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea thanks guys and it is sucking it flat at idle when I hit the boost it opens completely up but I thought it was just because it didn't produce vachume when the motor was under boost but idk it stumped me LOL so I should just get a thicker hose cuz I just put a new one on it but its just regular heater hose like stuff and its not tough enough

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
windeed you should do it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one more question on that note been having a little studder problem in high rpm in first and somtimes second like it wants to fall on its face almost like its hittin rev limiter has anyone had that problem.. i herd it could be bad plugs are need a better ignition system but idk guess ill just start replacing stuff.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I prefer Breathers into catch can's myself...

Actually, isn't it catch can into breather on the passenger side and breather on the driver's side?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts