Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
08 GT vs 427r?

i know this isnt the right section but looking for some opinions fast, my question is i have an 08 gt manual 4.10s o/r h pipe 3in catback jlt intake bbk twin 62mm tb and there is this guy that out of no where keeps running his mouth about how he will destroy me in a stock 09 427r now i know they make 430+hp to the crank but i also know they are designed for corner carving, the average time i alway see a stg3 or 427r running is 13flat-13.3 and ive ran a 13.2 in mine minus one or to bolt on i mentioned, u guys think i have a chance at the track?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and please dont say JUST GO RACE HIM AND FIND OUT, no matter what the verdict i will race him either way just want a heads up if i stand a chance, if it were a highway roll and not the quarter from a dig i know there wouldnt be a chance for me

·
Registered
371 Posts
I believe they only have 430 HP at the flywheel. I would hope he misses a shift.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I don't think you can beat him, but who knows he might drive like a dummy and you could mop the floor with him

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I say 1 up him...put some nitrous in your car just for that day....and then don't tell him. or you could slash his tires and tell him hes no going anywhere. I perfer the first one personaly.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
It's a drivers race. Make no mistake about it, his car should be faster than yours, but if you are alot better driver than him you can take him. The first 60' will be the biggest factor. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts