Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a shop working on Mustangs and Fords in my off time from the 9-5. With that said, I am great with 65-73, great with foxes and decent with the new edges, Im learning now about the 05 and up cars. I have a lady bringing me an 08 Roush 427 to" figure out" friday. I hooked the SCT up to it today when she brought it by my work, and it threw a Cyl 2 misfire and a random misfire code. She told me that when she kicks it to WOT the car goes into limp in mode. I feel like it could be a bad/weak coil on Cyl 2. She has been having trouble with the super charger causing the car to idle high. My question is , do you guys think im right on my assumption that the coil is the culprit? I plan on swapping the coil from cyl 1 to cyl 2 and 2 to 1 and see what happens 1st. My second question is. Do these cars have an issue with this happening ( more than other Mustangs) ?

Also, the car looks to have been tampered with by the previous owner, I think its had a cam swap, the S/C pulley has been downsized as well. Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I have a shop working on Mustangs and Fords in my off time from the 9-5. With that said, I am great with 65-73, great with foxes and decent with the new edges, Im learning now about the 05 and up cars. I have a lady bringing me an 08 Roush 427 to" figure out" friday. I hooked the SCT up to it today when she brough it by my work, and it threw a Cyl 2 misfire and a random misfire code. She told me that when she kicks it to WOT the car goes into limp in mode. I feel like it could be a bad/weak coil on Cyl 2. She has been having trouble with the super charger causing the car to idle high. My question is , do you guys think im right on my assumption that the coil is the culprit? I plan on swapping the coil from cyl 1 to cyl 2 and 2 to 1 and see what happens 1st. My second question is. Do these cars have an issue with this happening ( more than other Mustangs) ?

Also, the car looks to have been tampered with by the previous owner, I think its had a cam swap, the S/C pulley has been downsized as well. Thanks in advance for the input.
Replace /inspect the spark plugs first.

Also check the air inlet tube for crushing / air leaks at the throttle body junction.

Then swap coils...take the "bad" coil and put it on a different cylinder - if the problem follows, you have your answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts