Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im new to the forums and I am thinking about buying a mustang after i sell my current car (srt-4 neon). I have searched this forum for the same related question but still am undecided. I do not want a 03-04cobra ...nvm I do but I cannot afford it haha. I have about 10-11k to spend to buy the car. I also might sell my r6 which can give me 4k to either help buy a car or supercharge a gt. The thing is I like boosted cars, and I know the stock gt isnt that fast compared to my current car(would like a # on the 1/4 time for a supercharged gt with few mods just for a reference, a standard cheap supercharger type). I would put a supercharger on it, but I also like the 01 cobra and mach 1. Problem is with thoes they are really rare and sometimes expensive, where I would be paying more than a gt+ supercharger and the car would be slower. I would just like some opinions on what everyone thinks thanks.

Also would supercharging a car with say 70-80k miles be bad? And Is there a problem with buying a used car that has a new engine? Thanks.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Absolutely no problem in supercharging a 70k mile mustang.

The cheapest type of blower you can buy would be a used centri blower like a Vortech. This would be like $3,000 but that figure varys based on what you get.

With a blown 99-04 gt, you could have quarter mile times in the 11s if your suspension is setup right.

If you have 10-11k, i'd buy a mach 1 or a 99-01 cobra. Don't buy a gt. Then, you could supercharge the mach or the cobra and have a good 450rwhp. That'll be faster then most cars on the road.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hey everyone im new to the forums and I am thinking about buying a mustang after i sell my current car (srt-4 neon). I have searched this forum for the same related question but still am undecided. I do not want a 03-04cobra ...nvm I do but I cannot afford it haha. I have about 10-11k to spend to buy the car. I also might sell my r6 which can give me 4k to either help buy a car or supercharge a gt. The thing is I like boosted cars, and I know the stock gt isnt that fast compared to my current car(would like a # on the 1/4 time for a supercharged gt with few mods just for a reference, a standard cheap supercharger type). I would put a supercharger on it, but I also like the 01 cobra and mach 1. Problem is with thoes they are really rare and sometimes expensive, where I would be paying more than a gt+ supercharger and the car would be slower. I would just like some opinions on what everyone thinks thanks.

Also would supercharging a car with say 70-80k miles be bad? And Is there a problem with buying a used car that has a new engine? Thanks.
OP browse these threads. And in my area I usually don't see Mach 1s go for less than 14grand and they are hard to come by.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/245850-blower-cost.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/214990-how-many-miles-supercharged.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/276270-99-04-et-list-post-your-time-slips.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/238579-centri-blown-99-04-drag-times.html

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
if you are going to spend the extra coin for a 4v, get one thats got all the nice touches (i.e. a 2001 cobra or the Mach 1) IMO, a Mach 1 is what you would see me go after. its just something about them. even NA, they can be pretty mean until you saved up for a blower. and like said before, a vortech/procharger can be had for pretty reasonable.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
It's the shaker blower and the hood. Damn things are so fine.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
id just save up for a 03-04 termi if you like boost. all you really need is pullies and gears

·
Registered
24 Posts
Why not shop around for a 99-04 GT that already has a forged bottom end and is supercharged? Deals are out there, you just need to be willing to travel for the right car. Chances are you will spend less than 10k too. The popularity of 05+ GTs has killed the value of 99-04 GTs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies guys . First off not doing the termi, need a new car soon . Current car has slight trans issue that I'm fixing and they are prone to trans problems
So that's why I want the stang. Also I live in NJ not sure who posted
Mach1 for 10k NJ but I been in CL haven't seen any for under 10k if so they prob have 100k+ , looking for something lower. What abou a 99 cobra? Herd they have power issues or something?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Plenty of peeps on this site have put together a sub $3000 intercooled blower kit . I have 2700 in mine but I still need a tune.

If you could get an 01 cobra or a Mach I shoot for that. Right now is a good time to but with winter right around the corner

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
How much is he asking for that gt

Honsetly, if you have 10k-11k to spend, don't but a 99-04 gt lol. Buy a 99/01 cobra.
Where do you live? I'll help you find a deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much is he asking for that gt

Honsetly, if you have 10k-11k to spend, don't but a 99-04 gt lol. Buy a 99/01 cobra.
Where do you live? I'll help you find a deal.
8k and I live in NJ. Ye def thinking maybe just getting a 99/01 cobra - nos. Whats up with people hating on the 99

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
8k and I live in NJ. Ye def thinking maybe just getting a 99/01 cobra - nos. Whats up with people hating on the 99
the 99's were down on power and had a huge recall on them... The recall fixed the issue so if you're looking at a 99, make sure the recall was completed. This is indicated with a blue/green dot on the upper intake manifold

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This one seems like a steal if all turns out good: 01 Ford Mustang Cobra Supercharged

Talk this guy down to your price range: 2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Offer 11k:2004 Mach 1 Mustang

Offer 12k: 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

This one seems very good to me: 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, 5 speed, Navigation, Clean !

Good luck :)

I saw most of them , some I have problems with . Well 3 of them have 100k miles....isnt that bad? Also i really like This one seems very good to me: 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, 5 speed, Navigation, Clean !

Only thing is that its 135k miles......6900 obo is great. Option of engine swap, what about trans.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts