Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A/C recently stopped working so I got it checked out and the shop wants $1200 to repair it. They said that all the hoses are leaking and the compressor is bad. Is this reasonable?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Just take it out and save the wieght... :D But if you must have it, id look around for a used compressor, that should save some $$

·
Registered
360 Posts
all the hoses?? i don't think that's right. Wait till the summer, it's still cool here in Houston

·
Registered
922 Posts
I dont care where you live, unless its Barrow, Alaska, if you live in the US, its fuggin hot in the summer time and if its your daily driver, you need AC! Rolling down the window doesnt do sh1t if its 95 out!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I dont care where you live, unless its Barrow, Alaska, if you live in the US, its fuggin hot in the summer time and if its your daily driver, you need AC! Rolling down the window doesnt do sh1t if its 95 out!
I only use my AC when I'm on long highway trips...

·
Registered
922 Posts
if smelling like a sweaty mexican is your thing, then hey, whatever dude!

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if smelling like a sweaty mexican is your thing, then hey, whatever dude!
haha yeah I'm going to take it somewhere else in the morning to see what they think. How hard are the a/c lines to change out myself?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I personally like to roll with the windows down so I can hear that sweet, sweet American Muscle! No matter how hot it is.:D

·
Registered
393 Posts
haha yeah I'm going to take it somewhere else in the morning to see what they think. How hard are the a/c lines to change out myself?
i wouldnt recommend doing that unless you had the right equipment to make sure that your a/c system is completely evacuated. If you have a leak, it is possible that some moisture has entered into the system. R134a, the refrigerent used in the a/c system, will create hydrofluoric acid in the presence of moisture. if that has happened, the acid will attack and destroy metals and lubricants. NOTE: Hydrofluoric acid is much stronger than hydrochloric acid

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i live in Mississippi.... you pretty much have to have AC during the months of January and December.... unless you have been around since the Great Depression and grew up not know what AC was

·
Registered
360 Posts
hey, count me in if you are going to disassemble your car, where in houston do you live in?

·
Registered
353 Posts
if you have to have it, another option could be a junk yard trip? Maybe you'll get lucky and find a unit similar enough to pop in there that's still good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts