Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 mustang gt with the 5spd tranny, x300 cam, frod racing roller lifters, cai, shortie headers, 40 series dumps, and msd spark plug wires. Anybody know what upgrades I should do next? I was think about the typhoon intake, 30lb in jectors, and 3.73 gears? Does this sound like a good combonation? Or will I need to upgrade the fuel pump?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
You need a different approach my friend....I would swap out that x303 for a comp cam xe274 with 1.7 roller rockers. Then get a set of edelbrock rpm performers with the 1.9 valves (or AFR 165's) and a good intake....Just my opinion. But those injectors are too much for just a cammed car with exhaust. Look at my setup, it has 24# injectors and has heads cam and an intake. The typhoon intake is chinese junk too. They're cheap, yes, but you get what you pay for when it comes to parts. Hope this helped!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to do that but I just bought the car and am on a prettytigh budget. And the engine isn't guna come out either. And I also drive 50 miles evryday with it so I'm guna get the 3:73s so I get better gas milage. So would 24lb injectors with the cobra intake make a good difference? And should I still get the rockkers? And what about the valve springs?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Leave the injectors as is. you don't make more power with bigger injectors, you support it. If you're still running stock heads then you aren't making enough power to warrant needing bigger injectors. Swapping intakes will give you a little extra but not much you can feel. On a stock engine, stock e7 heads are the choke point. If you want some power you can feel and are on a tight budget, I would look for some GT-40 heads. It all really depends on your budget and your goals for the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm planning on getting heads someday, but in the meen time I would like to make it a bit faster, and have parts to support the future mods

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Without tuning for it, larger injectors are going to make the car run rich with the stock heads. Buy the supporting parts when you need them, trust me. Sometimes by the time you're ready to buy those big parts you planned on, you change your mind about the direction you want to go with the car and now you have 24lb injectors when you need 42s. Been there more than once.. It's a good way to spend money twice or more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what would b some good mods for the setup I have right now? Intake, b, mafsesnor, etc... and what kind of power gains will I see?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I no, that's not what I asked. I'm asking what the best mods would b without tearing into the engine very much, rocker arms and intake are as far in as I want to go at the moment. Would there b anygains with a fuel pump?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Hold on, back up, start over. You want to compliment the parts you have nowand are insistant on getting an intake, then grab an eplorer one for cheap since it's the same as the cobra and will outflow your heads anyway. LEAVE YOUR INJECTORS ALONE. You don't need them, not even close. And when you buy heads that will require them, you'll be able to pop for a set then. Get yourself a larger maf meter and 65mm or 70mm throttlebody (port match the opening of the intake) some underdrive pulleys, electric fan, and then work on suspension. Your car will feel faster with good suspension too. Lastly, unless you are looking for awesome street manners with dissapointments at the track, look beyond a set of edelbrock heads. No offense Stangbanger. Get yourself a set gameplan by searching constantly before you dig into your motor, or you'll regret it by buying parts twice. I've been down that road way to many times.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Hold on, back up, start over. You want to compliment the parts you have nowand are insistant on getting an intake, then grab an eplorer one for cheap since it's the same as the cobra and will outflow your heads anyway. LEAVE YOUR INJECTORS ALONE. You don't need them, not even close. And when you buy heads that will require them, you'll be able to pop for a set then. Get yourself a larger maf meter and 65mm or 70mm throttlebody (port match the opening of the intake) some underdrive pulleys, electric fan, and then work on suspension. Your car will feel faster with good suspension too. Lastly, unless you are looking for awesome street manners with dissapointments at the track, look beyond a set of edelbrock heads. No offense Stangbanger. Get yourself a set gameplan by searching constantly before you dig into your motor, or you'll regret it by buying parts twice. I've been down that road way to many times.
None taken. I know what a good game plan with these cars is...I was just saying those parts since they are relatively cheap and he doesn't have to change a lot of parts out. He won't have to measure for pushrod length and worry about messing it up etc. The trick flow combo will cost more money is all and I know that edelbrock parts are quality pieces. Personally, if I were to do it over again, I would get trick flow 170's with a custom cam and probably a "carbureted" efi intake (victor jr. etc.) My combo in my sig was kind of like last minute decisions and I know that whole heartedly. I mentioned the above parts since they are proven reliable pieces, nothing more, nothing less :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
garbage, In order to go fast you need to go big, its a money game of course, dont buy a 165 head, waste of money. go big on heads, get the right custom grind cam, victors, victor jr, or large AFR's. That will help, if you ever want to do a power adder your ready!

·