Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left slip was post tune redo/first pass.. found a little issue with my timing vs ait... the track was cold and un-preped... launch sucked... didn't hit my shift points... and ran .06 slower than my best... they told me to go slow or go home which was a first fro me.. so I pulled off the slicks and put on the stocker Perelli's and ran again... 1.2 sec slower at the same MPH..tell me how this works if you can.. I don't understand... thanks

·
Registered
985 Posts
It means you were spinning. MPH isn't greatly affected by spinning at launch.
Something I do find unusual about your slip though is the large difference in 1/8 mile speed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Seems everything is slower on the right slip - reaction time, etc. What's really interesting is the difference in MPH at the 1/8th mark - left slip shows 68.92 versus the right slip showing 95.55? An almost 30 mph difference?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first was slicks and looks like my other slip from about the same time

I don't think there was any error... I think my tune was slightly off at the far end... the car was pulling much harder than the last time I was at the strip
I am putting the 5 point roll bar in before I go back

·
Registered
623 Posts
1/4 mile speed is going to change too much whether your spinning out of the hole or hooking hard. What 128 mph tells me is you've got yourself a 10 sec ride if you can get it to hook.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am thinking the same thing... that is why I am finally installing the roll bar...

I just don't comprehend the relationship between the two runs

·
Registered
47 Posts
1.6 60 foot is not shabby at all. His car is hooking. MPH is indicative of the power his car is making. A slower car can beat a more powerful car if the slower car is hooking up. The more powerful car will post a better MPH than the slower car but the slow car gets to the finish line first due to getting the hole shot.
The power is still there its just the sticky tires helping you use it.

Have not been to KCIR lately, are they still doing up grades and keeping the place up?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it is about the same for the three years I have been going there.. they let me slide a long time in the low 11's before finally telling me to slow down or put a NHRA roll bar in it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts