Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so my buddy decided to go with the 351 heads. they are ported on the exhaust side, 60cc chambers. hes got a set of springs, a set guid plates, studs and now hes lookin at rockers. he thinks he wants to go with the 1.7 instead of the 1.6. anyone have any thoughts? little worried about piston to valve. its got the e303 so its .498 lift. anyone else run the 1.7s?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
if he's just putting it together now tell him to ditch the e303 and get a better cam while its all apart if he wants a way better combination

·
Registered
378 Posts
i run 17s on my e303 and stock pistons. you're good to go. what a lot of people dont realize is that its not really max lift that causes clearance problems. max lift occurs at bdc(roughly) what causes clearance problems is duration. just food for thought

·
Registered
50 Posts
i run 17s on my e303 and stock pistons. you're good to go. what a lot of people dont realize is that its not really max lift that causes clearance problems. max lift occurs at bdc(roughly) what causes clearance problems is duration. just food for thought
What heads??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts