Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get a used 1.7 kenne bell (hopefully, but pretty sure) with intercooler and all (kit). My goal is to be around 390 hp-405 or so. I have some 3:73's in the box still also. Anyway, I plan on getting it dyno tuned. Anyway would this kit alone being dyno tuned get me around that goal of 400 give or take? ive had the cats removed off my car but that is about the only mod so far (cloggage = bad gas mileage). If the kenne bell alone wouldnt get me there, then what are some other small mods that would get it there? maybe a pulley? hell 380 might would be aight too. Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Lots of variables there man...just dont be a dyno queen, #'s on a dyno dont mean crap when the rubber meets the road.

How many pounds of boost is this kit going to give you? does it replace the stock MAF? does it replace the stock injectors? Is your car an auto or manual? Is it a high miles vehicle? Does it replace the stock fuel pump?

Not sure on the boost numbers of the kb, but if it gives you 8-9 psi, yes you should be close to 400 whp on a manual.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah manual 2000 GT. got injectors, fuel pump, 75mm TB, 9lb pulley. anyway just trying to get an idea u know. I wanted to make sure that this SC was enough to get me there. I could go to a smaller pulley for more boost. Either way just was making sure i wasnt gunna spend this kind of money for 40-50 hp. ive seen some that all they got was 50-60hp or so. F that for the money it cost!

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
you should be there easy with 9-10 psi

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
im no expert BUT from everything ive read you should be around 390-420 range. goodluck w/ everything hope you get it man.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
at 9psi with a good tune, and a couple boltons i'd bet you'd make even more..:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ported heads and custom grind blower cams will make that Bell shine.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Ya you should get the numbers you want with 9lbs of boost. And it should be pretty easy on your motor!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for all the responses fellas! Aight sounds good. How about my stock 2v. It wont ruin it the following week huh? i heard stock internals are good till bout 450 hp. I dont want to be that high. I figure on running the stock motor till something happens to it and then ill do the forged internal thing and go from there. By the way this is my 19yr old gf's daily driver for now. haha. I drive a Supercrew 04 f150 FX4 w/ 20's, 36" tires, 9" lift. But Yes we do switch vehicles very often! Been dating 4 years. Dont think im bout to just waste this money!! haha she aint going any where!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Remember, if you are going to build the 2v, PORT THE HEADS. Our engines do not breathe well with the stock heads. Ported heads, built motor, custom grind blower cams and a Kenne Bell 2.6L is like whoa.

·
Registered
178 Posts
WHere can you get ported heads from to go with a similar set up hes doing? Cause im looking for right now to get heads/Cams with spray, then eventually get a 2.6 kennebell supercharger what head/cam set up would i need the complement the spray then eventually the supercharger?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah im not really thinking bout the rebuild yet and hope i dont have to any time soon. but if or when it happens i will be sure to consult with everyone on here. I would probably not build the 2v. Prolly find a nice 4v and do it big. But like i said, I hope that is a ways away! I work at a body shop and have alot of friends that own salvage yards. I might start looking for a steal on a motor to rebuild. i got a 5.4 4v but dont wanna go that long route of swapping. im just ready for that KB. Im hoping it will wake this stock GT up!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts